" HEAT!"

(EDITED)

"We found a woman, it looks like she was attacked by rogues." Jack said through the mind link.

"Is she still alive, will she make it?" Alan asked. He was beta of the pack and the Alpha had been away for a few days now visiting other packs and meetings with the council.

"I don't know, man. She looks pretty bad." Jack told him.

"Get her back here and I will have the pack doctor check her over." Alan told him.

He shut off the link and ran with the woman in his arms. He had to shift to carry her. The rest of the patrol ran in wolf form around them back to the compound.

The Doctor met them on the front steps and lead them to a room with white walls and a hospital bed in the middle. Jack laid her down and looked back at him shaking his head. "She's bad doc, I don't know how much you can help her if any." Jack told him.

Alan walked in the room and watched the doc work on her. He pulled Jack out of the room and they sat down and waited. "Did you find the rogues that did this?" Alan asked.

"No sir." he said looking down. "James is still looking. He is the best tracker we have. The scent was faint but I am sure he can track them." Jack told him.

"I know he's the best in the state." Alan looked up at him.

"Alpha is not going to be happy about this. We haven't had a human attacked on our land in ten years." He stated.

"So you haven't told him yet?" Jack asked

"No I wanted to have more information about the girl and rogues first. I will contact him as soon as the doctor has news for us." Alan told him getting up and pacing the hall.

The door opened and the pack doctor stepped out. "Alan, It is touch and go for now. If she makes it through the night I will be surprised. If she does make it she will change. There is to much Wolf DNA for her not to. And she was raped. It looks like repeatedly." He said shaking his head.

"Fucking rogues, how can they do this to a poor human girl or anyone for that matter?" Doc said getting pissed.

"She'll make it. I know she will. " Jack stood up.

"I hope your right." Alan said

"It would be a shame for such a beautiful girl to die like that." Alan commented.

"I'll go call the Alpha now." Alan told them walking off to the office.

After a thirty minute yelling from the alpha on patrols and doing their jobs correctly, he finally let him off the phone. But not with out telling him to let him know if her condition changed. If she was going to change he needed to know and let the council know what was going on. Preferably before it happened. He always kept a tight rein on his pack and mistakes like these were not tolerated. If they had been on time for patrols this could have been prevented. And it would save him the head ache of telling the council.

-------------------------------------------BACK AT THE COMPOUND

The pack doctor worked around the clock checking her vitals and doing anything he could to try and save her life. Jack and Alan came back to check on her the next morning.

"How is she?" Alan asked.

"She is holding her own. I believe she will wake up today. The wolf DNA is healing her rather fast. She is going to change." He told them.

"I wonder what her name is?" Jack said looking at her bruised face. He could see how pretty she was even with the bruises and cuts.

"We will find out when she wakes up." Alan told him