chapter 48 heat

After Malone helped Silas to his room where Phoebe lay sleeping he stood by the door like a guard. Waiting he watched as Dara and Silas sat down each taking a hand and talking to her.

Silas reached his other hand forward and  stroked her round belly getting a kick from the unborn pup.

   Phoebe opened her eyes and waited for her sight to even out. She felt like she was in a haze as her vision cleared she looked at Silas and noticed how tired he looked and his color was off. His beautiful tan skin looked almost gray, his eyes looked as though he was in great pain.

   " Silas your ...." she stopped unable to speak the words. Just the thought of losing him made her stomach turn.

  "  You can't get rid of me that easy." he smiled

" Daddy woke up and got out of bed to find you, Doc was real upset at him he said he should still be in bed and not to tear his stitches." Dara told her.

"Oh?, then maybe daddy needs to lay down here so he can rest and follow docs orders for a change." phoebe said and looked at Silas.

He knew that look well. It was the one he gave when no more discussion would be made. 'Damn woman is trying to order him around now.' he thought.

" I'm fine I don't need rest." Silas told them.

" Dara sweety why don't you check in on Hunter and let daddy an I talk for a bit." phoebe told her kissing her head.

' shit he knew that tone too. sounds like his mom when she got on to his dad.' Silas thought.

Well he is alpha and that's all there is to it.

"Silas?"

" humm." he grunted

" why do  you make me listen to doc if you won't do it yourself? Do you not believe him capable of his job? Or do you think yourself better than me?" she asked sweetly almost to sweetly.

Silas regarded her for a moment he knew this was a trick the damn woman. 'OK' he thought.

" I am alpha Phoebe, people don't give me orders I give them orders, and I have a pack to run, I don't have time to lay around." he told her

" Silas, you have people that can do your job until you get well. Unless you don't think you trained them right and they may cause harm to us all in your absence." she stated firmly.

" Are you questioning my traning abilities? Do you honestly think I would not train the well?" he as answered back.

" Of course not dear, buy you seem to be. You can not let them do the jobs you trained them to do while you heal properly. I understand you are alpha but if you fall ill and are unable to be there when you are most needed for me as well as the pack...." she let the sentence hang for a moment so he could absorb what she said.

" Silas I need you  the children need you and we need you strong and healthy not half falling over from.. from exhaustion, the pack needs a strong alpha. Right now you are all but that. I love you dearly but you are the most stubborn man I have ever met. Do you wish to die and leave me to raise our children alone?"

" I am not a weak man Phoebe! I am an alpha I have to be seen I have to show no weakness, what do you believe  the pack would think if I was to lay in bed for weeks or even days?" he spat

" They would think you are a smart alpha that knows when to listen to the doctor he placed in charge of the packs health." she snapped back at him.

" Silas I don't want to argue with you. What I want is for my mate to be strong and healthy to help run this pack and raise our children. What I saw after the battle nearly killed me.  When I thought I lost you my heart nearly stop right then. And when I looked to our friends our family my world stopped spinning. Silas please listen, I know you are not a weak man but please for me rest And get better. the pack does not need to see you looking like death walking. They know you are strong, they know the orders come from you. You trained them all well. This pack is like a well oiled machine everyone knows their job and they  all help each other. Let them do their jobs. when they need direction they will come to you." she pleaded.

Silas laid on the bed and pulled Phoebe into his arms.

" stubborn woman...fine I will rest. But only for a little while." he said as he kissed her lips gently.

Malone who had been standing  outside the door throughout the whole ordeal smiled and covered his lips with his hand to try not to laugh. ' he is just as whipped as the rest of us.' he thought to himself.

A/N : please read this!

To answer some of the questions about why my chapters are so short I'm a mother I have children to take care of one of which is disabled and requires constant care I also have household chores food to cook a yard cleanup are young daughter that needs help with her homework so if that's not answering the why of all my chapters are short and I don't know what else is .  i write everyday I post everyday they may be short chapters some days I may be able to make longer chapters but for now you get what I type published daily thank you all for the reading and for the comments and votes.