chapter 16 HEAT

I can't believe that bitch survived the attack. That's what I get for working with rogues...idiots. They should have finished her off. Infiltrating the US army wasn't hard at all. Wolves are everywhere just kidnap a mate or child and have the man kill her bastard of a husband. The thing is she wasn't suppose to run off. She was suppose to mourn and stay put so I could get that disc. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silas and Alan drove through back roads and cut off Paul and his pack. "Your early Paul." Silas said with his arms crossed over his chest leaning on the hood of his SUV. 

As Paul stepped out of his car he smiled at Silas. "I didn't think it would be this much trouble. You already knew I was coming tomorrow anyway." He smiled.

"We have laws and rules for a reason Paul. As it is, today you are trespassing. You should have called ahead first." Silas told him unfazed by his smug look.

Paul considered him for a moment. "Should we stay in town tonight my friend or do you have room for us now?" He asked trying to play it off.

Silas took a breath. "Are their rooms ready Alan?' He asked stalling for time.

He didn't want Paul in town around humans. this man was dangerous he just felt it in his gut. 

"Yes Alpha, Dawn has them ready now." Alan told him.

"Fine follow us, we will lead you in. You know Paul you have to be more careful. My fighters and guards could have attacked you not knowing." he smirked.

"I would have called you if we had a problem." Paul smiled back at him.

"Cell service sucks on these back roads. I would hate for any of you to be harmed because you couldn't reach me." Silas said as he got in his SUV and drove off. Leaving Paul behind.

Paul jumped back in his car and speed up to catch him. They drove back to the pack house and everyone got their bags and headed in the house. Dawn was there with several women to lead the m to their rooms.

"Sorry they are so far down the Hall. With Alpha Jason's pack and then yours at such short notice we didn't have much choice." Dawn told them as they walked behind her. Truth was they wanted them in the hall away from the Alpha. And the hall next to the trackers and fighters of the pack. If anything went down they could get them quicker. And the trackers could watch them closer with out looking suspicious.

Silas mind linked Phoebe "Shower now, take the back stairs up Jack's room. You have cloths in there wash my scent off and come back down the front steps." He told her

"What? Is everything OK?" She asked

"Everything is fine for now. Paul and his pack are here early. Hurry and do as I say." he told her cutting the link.

She ran up the stairs to Jack's room and jumped in the shower. She used Jacks soap and shampoo so she would smell more like him. After she was done she dressed and walked back down the steps and smiled when she saw Jack. He was standing with the three alpha's and betas talking. She walked up to him as he turned and pulled her to him. She kissed his cheek. and stuck her hand out to take his.

"Feeling better baby?" He asked her.

"Have you been ill?" Paul asked her.

"No not really just morning sickness." she responded

"I am Alpha Paul." He said holding his hand out to her. "It is a pleasure to meet such a beautiful woman." He said.

Silas took a deep breath trying to stay calm. Looking as he took her hand.

Jack growled as he kissed the back of her hand and reach and took her hand back and pulled her closer and sort of behind him.

"Oh don't be that way." Paul laughed. "I wont hone in on your mate. But I cant help but appreciate a beautiful woman. You are a lucky man Jack." Paul chuckled.

Phoebe held her head down a little embarrassed and blushed. Jack kissed the top of her head. "Yes I am very lucky." he said. When Paul turned to talk to Alan, Jack looked at Silas his eyes black. -Alpha Silas calm please I will keep him away from her you don't have to worry.- He said through the link. 

His eyes went back to the normal color. His wolf still pacing in his mind wanting out. His wolf wanted blood Jack or Paul at this point. His mate was in another mans arms. It was driving him crazy. Silas baby, take a breath. It's OK, I am yours all yours. Phoebe linked to him. He started to clam more and cleared his throat getting Paul's attention. "Lets go to my office and discuss how this is going to work. Since this is your first time here with your pack." He told him.

"Good idea." Paul said following him and Jason to the office.