Chapter 29 HEAT

Jason brought Dara into the room to see her new brother. She climbed up on the bed and looked at him with her nose wrinkled up. “What is his name?' she asked

“We are trying to figure that out now." Phoebe told her.

“It’s a good thing I am here for you little brother I won’t let them name you something stupid." She told the baby looking at him. He watched her like he was studying her trying to figure her out. She jumped down off the bed and wondered around to Silas climbing up in his lap. “Look at him. He is trying to look around." Phoebe said to everyone.

“Wonder what he thinks of all of us staring at him. He probably thinks we are all crazy." Jason said.

When Jason spoke the baby’s eyes drifted to that direction stopping on Darra. He studied her again. 

“I think he was hunting for Darra." jack said.

“I think you are right. See Darra he loves his big sister already." Silas told her.

“Hey that's a good name." Darra said excitedly.

“What’s a good name, Darra?" Alan asked her.

"Hunter. I like Hunter." She said.

“So do I." Silas and Phoebe said at the same time. They all laughed.

“OH wait a minute. I kind of have a name I want to call him. We should name him after Terrance. After all he tried his damnedest to save Jane and ultimately lost his life and gave me you. I owe him. It's the least we can do." Silas told Phoebe.

“Really? Oh Silas I love you." She said to him. “But I was hoping to name him after jack. I men bless his heart he had to put up with me and shopping and holding my hair when I was sick and your wolf being all possessive." Phoebe told him.

“Terrance Jackson Hunter Steele." Dara said out loud and everyone turned to her.

Phoebe smiled “I love it. We can name him after both and we can call him Hunter just because it his name alone and not after someone else." she said looking at the baby.

“I don't care what you all call him. I will call him little Jack. Well until he gets big enough to order me not to." Jack said shrugging his shoulders.

“Ok Terrance Jackson Hunter Steele it is." Silas said with finality in his voice. 

Everyone left the room after they cooed over the baby long enough. Leaving Silas, Darra, and Phoebe and Hunter. The new little family was content and smiles as they sat together. After a half an hour Porter and Malone came to the door. With a soft knock Porter said “hey can we see the new baby?" He asked them.

“Come on in." Phoebe told them.

“Wow" Malone said looking at him. “I never seen a new born up this close." he said.

“Really?' Phoebe asked.

“Yeah never was interested before." He shrugged.

“So what's his name?" Porter asked.

“Terrance Jackson Hunter Steele." Phoebe said proudly.

Porter swallowed a lump in his throat. “Wow, thank you for name him after Terrance. I know he would be proud." 

“Yeah he would. And we will always be here to protect you little T- Rex." Malone said touching the babies hand.

“T-Rex?" Silas asked.

“Yeah that's was a nick name we gave Terrance back in the war. He was awesome. Everything fell before him so we call him T-Rex." Malone laughed.

“You guys were really close huh?' Phoebe asked.

“Yeah. We where." Porter answered.

“I got to go. I kind of have a little date." Malone said.

“Already?' Silas asked.

“Yeah Jackie asked me out. Go figure. I never been asked out by a girl." he smiled. 

“Oh? Maybe you should um take this serious." Silas told him.

“What do you mean?'

 Malone asked him.

“She doesn’t normally date. She has said she is waiting till she meets her mate. And if she asked you then it is possible you are him. Don't quote me on it but I will find out. BUT don't you dare hurt her. She is like a sister to me." Silas told him.

“Yes sir. Don't worry if I have to have a mate she would damn sure be it. She is Beautiful and in the military. She could seriously kick my ass right now." He laughed. “Later." he said walking out to find Jackie.

“Well maybe we should reconsider making him a panther and make him a wolf. I mean if they are mates that is." porter told Silas.

“Your right. We will see." Silas told him.

As they got everyone ready once more they finally got everyone loaded into cars and SUV's and trucks and headed back to the pack house. Silas was more than ready to get his family home and out of the safe house.