chapter 28 HEAT

Silas picked up his phone to call Phoebe before they all headed back home. He had to let her know everything was OK. He took a minute to thank god for the safety of his people and for minimal damage they had. Only a few bites here and there and some heal time No Deaths. And for that he was thankful.

“Hi baby, we will be heading home in a few after some of the guys shower." Silas told her.

“Seriously shower first. Why? Or was it that bloody?" Phoebe asked him.

"NO Hun it wasn't they just stink to hell. I will explain that when we get there unless you would like to get sick from it. I know how weak your stomach is as of late." He chuckled.

“Nope I am good. Let them shower first. How many did we lose?" She asked hesitantly.

“None Thank God just a few injuries. Paul is dead and Charles is taking back over the pack now so everything is getting better. We are still being cautious the rogues he was working with don't know he is dead so I have to find them. We will come and get you all from the safe house so stay there." He told her

“OK I am staying, but I have a surprise for you when you get here. You are going to love this." she said smiling.

“I can't wait. Hold on you didn't have the baby yet did you?" He asked worried he missed it.

“No not yet. But this is just as good." She laughed into the phone.

“I love you and will see you in a few hours." Silas told her.

“I love you too, please hurry I miss you.

They hung up the phone and Phoebe turned to look at the other women. “They are ALL on their way home." She smiled at them.

Cheers rang out among the women and children as everyone was coming home.

Dara looked up at Phoebe “Do I get to show him?" She asked her.

“Yes Baby you do." She hugged her tight.

They all got ready to leave and Phoebe and Dawn took Dara to the front room to wait for Silas. As the men all ran into their mates hugging those Silas and Alan came in last. Phoebe held her hand up for them to stop and they did. Dara put her feet down on the floor and pushed herself up to the edge of her wheel chair and lifted herself to her feet. She looked up at her Alpha smiling. Silas stood shocked and watched her take a step toward him. The room went quiet as everyone watched her. Silas got down on his knees and held his arms out to her. She walked slowly to him and he took her into his arms almost in tears as he hugged her and told her how proud he was of her. 

“She is still weak right now but a few more weeks of therapy and she will be running with the other kids." Phoebe told him.

“This is the best surprise I could have asked for. I am so happy for you Dara." Silas told her hugging her again. He stood up with Dara in his arms and pulled Phoebe to them and hugged them both to him as tight as he could with out hurting them.  ”My family is almost complete." he said. 

“Your family Alpha?" Dara asked him.

“You are part of my family Dara always will be; now when this little one gets here it will be complete." He told her kissing her head. Tears streamed down her face as she hugged her alpha and thanked him. "Dara would you like to move into our rooms? I know this is sudden for you and Phoebe but I wanted to do this a long time ago but I have to say I would not have been the best person to care for you before but now if you will have me or us?" He said unsure if she would accept.

Dara looked at him shocked for a minute. Would it be wrong of her to love another family she thought to herself? Wrong to have another mom and dad. She looked at Phoebe and she nodded her head to her and Dara smiled the biggest smile and nodded her head back to her and kissed Silas on his cheek. “Yes I would love that very much if you think my mommy and daddy would be OK with It." she said looking at him.