Chapter 23 heat

i GOT UP AT 4 AM TO WRITE SOME AND THEN MORE AFTER I GOT OFF WORK SO I COULD MAKE THIS LONGER...HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT.

After a good night sleep curled up against his mate Silas woke up refreshed and ready to start planning an attack. But first was to feed his mate and take care of her. He slipped out of the bed tucking the covers around her. He grabbed his discarded pants from the floor and trotted down to the kitchen to make breakfast. In a short amount of time he had eggs bacon toast and juice on a tray and headed back up to wake his beautiful mate.  

He placed the tray on the bedside table and sat close to her caressing her cheek with his fingers. tucking a stray hair behind her ear he whispered to her. " Phoebe baby time to wake up." he said kissing her lips softly. her eyes fluttered open and a small smile graced her angelic face. "MM, good morning. " she smiled.  

Silas reached over and got a peace of Ginger root that she kept by the bed and gave her a peace. as she chewed and sucked the juice from the root he told her. "I haven't cooked in years. So I hope this taste good." he smiled as he brought the tray over her lap and took the cover off. He picked up the fork, stabbed the eggs and placed a small bite in her mouth. " Its delicious. " she said after she swallowed the food. The rest of breakfast went the same way with Silas feeding her every bite. And for the first time in days she ate a full meal without feeling nausea. Silas stood up picking her up from the bed and carried her to the bath he had ran for her. he undressed her and lowered her body into the warm water and washed her from head to toe.  

"What has gotten into you today? Not that I'm complaining." she smiled up at him.  

"You... and our baby. I Just wanted to show you how much I love you.and I will take care of you protect you.I want to make you happy and safe." he said running his hand down her spin.  

"Silas you don't have to do all.of this to make me happy. although I could get use to it." she laughed. " All really I need is you." she said placing her hand on his cheek.  

................................

Malone and Porter sat across from one another with Jason Jack and Silas.  

" I can't believe you never told me." Malone said shaking his head. this was one of his best friends they told each other everything..he thought.

" Its not something you just tell. beside my laws kept me from it. Not to mention if it had been over heard it would cause a lot of Were's danger." Porter told him. 

"I get that. just damn man. " he didn't know what else to say to him. 

"Porter, how did you survive the attack on your pride?" Silas asked.

"I wasn't there.I was stationed in Afghanistan at the time. When I got home I found them all dead." he said sadly.

"Your mate?" Silas asked.

"I didn't have a mate thank God. I don't think I would have been able to handle that one. As a panther We don't just get a mate so to speak. We can choose our own mate. Only on rare occasions has anyone been gifted a mate as far as I know." Porter told him.

"Interesting.' Silas said thinking.

" How does someone end up being a Werewolf or Were panther?" Malone asked.

"We are born this way. Much like anyone born black or white." Silas told him.

"Phoebe wasn't." Malone added.

Silas took a deep breath and let it out. "Someone can be turned. But It is not something we just do. In the case of a human mate then we will change the human if he or she is agreeable to it. Sometimes, in the case of an attack like Phoebe, the human is strong enough to survive, But it is dangerous because sometimes the human that is changed in an attack will be a rouge and unable to cope in society." Silas explained.

"What do you do if they can't cope?" Malone asked.

"We kill them." Silas said flatly.

"Why are you wanting to change?" Porter asked laughing.

"Seriously? Could I?" He asked.

" If there is an Alpha willing to accept you into a pack maybe." Porter told him.

Malone looked at Silas with a raised eyebrow. "No, I don't just change humans randomly. If you should find a mate in my pack or in the Were community then yes I would. If only to keep your skills within this pack." Silas told him shaking his head.

 "But on the other hand.." Silas said thinking and rubbing his chin. "You could be changed into a panther." He smiled and looked at Porter.

"What?" Porter asked.

"You said you are the last of your kind that you know of. So why not change your friend and build the species back up." Silas told him.

"We wouldn't have an Alpha or a real Pride." Porter told him.

"You could join my pack. But You would have to take a human mate. Only because I am not sure what would happen or if you could even have children with a wolf, That would be something we would have to look into. Maybe to some testing in DNA samples or something. What ever it is Doc does."  Silas told them. "That is if you aren't to scared to live with wolves being a Cat." Silas smiled.

"That doesn't bother me. Actually our shift is faster and we can climb. So I think I could get away if some one decides to chase large cats. If not fight them." Porter told him smiling.

"OK then." Silas stood up. "I, Silas Steele Alpha of the Harbour Pack, hereby accept you, Troy Porter and Bill Malone as a members of this Pack. Do you pledge your loyalty to me as your Alpha?" 

Porter stood up at him and then bowed his head. " I Troy Porter, pledge my loyalty to you Alpha Silas Steele, as my Alpha and accept this pack as my home." 

" I Bill Malone, pledge my loyalty to you Alpha Silas Steele, as my Alpha and accept this pack as my home." Malone repeated.

Phoebe and Dawn walked into the room at that moment and stopped dead in their tracks. 

"Holy Shit!" Phoebe said shocked.

"This is going to be some mixed up funny pack." She said loudly. "We have wolves, Panthers, and Humans, have you not found any Giraffes yet?" 

Everyone in the room went wide eyed waiting for Silas to get mad at the disrespect. Silas just turned to look at her and busted out laughing. Not just a laugh but holding his side laughing. When he finally stopped he looked up at her.  "Phoebe if you find a giraffe that can shift let me know. But on a serious note. Times are changing and they need an Alpha. If you had asked me a week ago if I would have done this I would have thought you were crazy. " He shook his head and walked to Phoebe kissing her deeply.