chapter 46 heat

After Dara had eaten breakfast Malone took her to the infirmary.

Doc walked up as they entered the infirmary

"hi Dara why don't you and I sit down and have a chat before you see your daddy."

Dara climbed up on to the chair and turn facing doc.

"Ok now Dara I don't want you to be scared when you go in , but your daddy is still asleep I'm hoping that hearing your voice and knowing that you're here to help his wolf in healing him faster and he will wake up , but if he doesn't wake up right away don't worry he still resting he needs to rest to heal okay."

" ok doc but what do I do ?" Dara asked.

" Just hold his hand and talk to him like you always would tell him about your night last night and what you had for breakfast this morning any little piece of conversation will be ok." Malone told her.

She climbed up on the bed beside Silas and took his fingers in her hand. As she absentmindedly played with his hand she spoke. " And then I fed him until aunt Jackie came and she talked to me. And uncle Malone. They told me I didn't have to be responsible all by myself and that you and mommy would be OK and I had to have faith." her voice broke on the last part and she let her tears fall.

Silas responded to his daughters sadness. He gave a slight squeeze to her hand as if telling her it was OK.

" Daddy? "

"Daddy can you hear me? I love you daddy! please be OK, please don't die!" she cried and laid her head on his chest begging him to live to wake up to hold her and tell her stories like he use to.

Everyone in the room Doc, Malone, and the nurses all cried silently watching the little girl beg her daddy to wake up. Malone stepped up and place his hand on her back. He moved her to lay down next to Silas and placed Silas's arm around her. Dara laid crying on his chest. Silas moved his arm pulling her closer to him as he opened his eyes for the first time. " I'm here , I'm not leaving you." he whispered unable to speak louder or move more than his arm. His body hurt all over his head was pounding. What hurt the most was his heart as it tightened in his chest. This precious little girl loved him she really loved him as a father as a daddy. She was his daughter and he loved her more at that moment than he ever realized he had.

a/n: damn I'm not supposed to cry too when I'm writing this that's just messed up. I hope I did this justice how do you write about a little girl begging her daddy live? I'm going to go ahead and publish this is it is short and sweet because I'm crying too much to finish but I will write more later this afternoon and published it also.

this is hard to write. I keep thinking about my daddy. who I lost many years ago.