chapter 15 HEAT

By Friday morning the place was looking good. Ever thing was set up and alpha Jason's pack had started to arrive early. Silas and Jack and Phoebe and Alan and Dawn all stood outside to greet them. Phoebe standing next to Jack of course.

The men seemed happy to come to the party and the un mated women in the pack were all excited to maybe find their mates this weekend. They talked about what the perfect man would be like and who they thought was hot as they watched from the window upstairs.

Jason finally arrived in the last car to pull up and Silas stepped to greet him. Jason leaned in and asked which one was Phoebe. As he eyed the women in the window and on the porch. 

"I'll introduce you inside Jason." Silas said 

They all walked in the house and pack members came and escorted them all to rooms. Jason and Silas went to his office. After a short talk Silas had Phoebe come in to meet him.

"You are beautiful. Now I know why my friend here is so worried. If my mate is half as beautiful as you i will count myself a lucky man." He said as he kissed her hand.

"Thank you very much." She said pulling her hand back and stepping closer to Silas.

"Jason your making her nervous." Silas told him with a smirk and pulling her to him. With his hand firmly around her waist she felt safer and more secure. She let out a breath and smiled at Silas. "I am fine now." She said looking up into his eyes.

He gave a quick wink and motioned for Jason to sit down. He took Phoebe by the hand and pulled her with him. As he sat in his chair behind his desk he pulled her down to sit in his lap. Rubbing small circles on her lower back he began the conversation. "Paul and his pack will be here tomorrow morning. I am glad you came early so we could arrange things. I was planning on both packs meeting at the same time with ours. But I am truly hoping non of the she wolves in my pack have mates in his."

"What do you plan to do if they are?" Jason asked him.

"I can't very well keep them from their mates, but we can come with something to put off a transfer until I know they will be safe there." Silas told him.

"Would their mates not keep them safe?" Phoebe asked.

"As much as they could yes, but he would be alpha he could demand anything from them and they would have to obey or be put to death or worse." Jason told her.

"I haven't heard of any mistreatment as of yet. But I also don't know him well or get a good vibe from him." Jason added.

"Yes me too, I still feel he is up to something. We have been watching a man in town that approached Phoebe and he hasn't lead us back to him yet. I am starting to wonder if he is with Paul or not. I can't help but feel he is some how." Silas said

"Always go by your first impression or gut instinct as some call it." Jason said

"That guy gave me a funny feeling that day." Phoebe said thinking back to the store.

"We will find out soon." Jason said standing. "I am going to go have my guys ready for when he gets here." Jason said as he walked away.

 After Jason left the office Silas turned to Phoebe "Are you sure you have never seen him before?" he asked her.

"No I haven't . I have thought about it so many times and I have never seen him." she told him.

"OK then we still have to assume he is with Paul." Silas told her. "But for now..." He trailed of taking her chin in his hand and pulling her lips to meet his and kissed her slowly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack ran threw the house and slid across the floor sniffing the air. He noticed so many new scents it was hard to tell which one came from where. He stopped completely and took a deep breath and let it out and tried again. Sniffing he walked the direction that it seemed to come from. "I should have known they would be in the office." he said to himself. Knocking on the door he waited for a response. He knocked again and waited. "Alpha! " He called out. 

"Yes Jack come in." he answered.

Opening the door Jack stepped in "Sir Alpha Paul is already in town, He was spotted not more than five miles from here." He breathed heavy.

 "Let's go. He didn't call and ask to come here this early. We will meet him." Silas says .

He stood up kissing Phoebe and headed out the door.