chapter 24 HEAT

As Paul sat in his office thinking of a way to get to Phoebe he decided to call his son. Damn if he hadn't been so careless he could have handled this a long time ago. The last thing he wanted was to have a fight with Silas of all people. The man was ruthless as it was and to add to it Phoebe was a part of his pack now. And God forbid he find out Charles had something to do with Jane's death. 

He picked up the Phone calling his son who was recovered but still in hiding cause he was a chicken shit of a alpha to be. 

"Hello?" Charles said as he picked up the phone.

"It's me son, how are you?" Paul asked him.

"I'm better, still a little numb but not to bad now. What's going on there did you find the girl?" Charles asked him.

"Yes and the stupid rogues chased her to Silas's territory and she is now apart of his pack mated and pregnant." Paul told him sounding irritated.

"Dad we still need the disc. If she had it Silas would now about it by now, I am sure of that. So if she don't have it who does?" Charles asked him.

"Well that's what we have to find out. You never did tell me why you killed Jane to Begin with." Paul said to his son.

"She was in school with all of us growing up. I wanted her to be mine I told you this already. She was my girlfriend when she found out Silas was her mate. I still wanted her. I didn't mean to kill her. She was running and my wolf took over, I was pissed that she wouldn't even hear me out. I just wanted her to come back with me and ...Well you know the rest." he told him.

"Son how many times did I tell you back then that no matter how much you loved her you can't separate mates. It just isn't done. I know you loved her at one time and she you but that all changed when she mated. And now we are facing a fight with her mate Silas of all people." Paul said aspirated.

"I know I know dad, I still love her and I can't believe she is gone. I didn't kill her, that bastard did when I was out cold. I just thought if I could talk to her make her remember how we loved each other that she would come back to me. We had been together for three years before she mated." he growled out the last part. 

"Tony is still locked up in the pack jail for killing her I have thought about what to do with him. Maybe send him to Silas and let him have the satisfaction of killing the one responsible for Jane's death But that still doesn't stop what is going on now. She was the daughter of an alpha and Alpha Jason's sister and mated to an alpha. We have two packs going to be on our asses if they find out. We need to find out who Terrance would have given the disc to. I will contact Jasper and find out who he hung out with maybe it was someone in his unit." Paul told him thinking off the top of his head . It had to be a friend of his there was no one else it could be.

"I will be on my way to see you maybe tomorrow. I have a meeting close so it would be a good time to stop by." Paul told him.

"OK dad I will see you then." Charles said hanging up the phone.

Charles sat there in his chair shaking his head. He couldn't believe the mess he had started he loved her and now she was gone. Hell he still loved her. He would have raised her kids like they were his own. He loved her that much. He would have forgone meeting his own mate and given up his place as Alpha for her. Not that he would tell his dad that now. But if she had asked he would in a heart beat. All he ever wanted was to have her by his side. His sweet little Jane. She was so caring and beautiful. Her smile could light up a room. Her scent was beyond anything he ever smelled she was like lilacs and something more. He never could put a finger on that smell. he rubbed his face and realized he had tears running down his face. He didn't even know he was crying till then. Still crying over her and it had been years sense her death.