Chapter 8

I sat down at the end of my bed. I just told Niall about my past that I've never told to anyone. Of all the people I could tell, I told Niall. What was wrong with me? Niall leaned on the door frame looking at me with no emotion on his face. I just sat there fiddling with my fingers in my lap.

"Where is he now?" Niall's raspy voice spoke referring to my ex, Derek. My eyes followed him as he sat down on the bed next to me. I took a deep breath before I spoke.

"Jail." I simply said not wanting to talk about him anymore.

"When does he get out?" Niall asked while putting his hand over mine. Okay, that was weird, but I didn't bother enough to move his hand. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Can we please not talk about him anymore." I said coldly and Niall nodded his head. Oh, so now he was agreeing with me?  He raised himself from the bed and walked down the hallway and I furrowed my eyebrows and followed him. 

"What are you doing?" I asked him while plopping down on one of the kitchen chairs. 

"Making my special." He giggled and I allowed myself to think that it was adorable. I rose an eyebrow wondering what his "special" was. He paced back and forth finding ingredients and I just sat there eyeing him. He was pretty hot from the back too and for a few minutes ago it seemed like he cared about me. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all? Or was my mind playing me? I can't think straight right now. With my confessions and him acting like he cares it was just a mess.

I looked over at Niall that was putting something in two mugs and placing it in the microwave. My eyes moved down to his toned and perfect muscular arms that were covered in tattoos. It had to hurt getting all those. Just the thought of needles made me sick. It had to be one of the worst things ever.

The microwave beeped signalising that whatever he was making was done. He walked over to the little dining table and sat down on a chair with the  mugs and two spoons in his hands. He handed me the mug and a spoon. I looked into the cup and furrowed my eyebrows. It was brown and swampy.

"What the hell is that?" I said while making a disgusted face. He laughed and  took a spoon full of the brownish thing from his mug and put it in his mouth..

"Just taste it babe." Ohh, here we go with the nicknames again... I still just looked at it before he spoke again.

"What? It's not like I put poison in it. C'mon you watch me make it!" He was laughing so hard that he barley manage to sit on the chair. I took a spoon full and put whatever it was in my mouth. It was so god damn delicious!

"Brownie in a mug. Very original." I said while finishing eating. He looked over at me.

"You already finished? Someone liked it." He said proudly.

"Don't flatter yourself to much." I said with a little laugh and the room grew quiet. After a few minutes, Niall took both of the mugs and placed them in the sink. He then walked over to the front door slowly.

"Wait!" I said and he turned to me. I chewed nervously at my bottom lip. For some odd reason I didn't want him to leave.

"I'm going back to my apartment. Figured I've bothered you enough for today." He was right. He was kind of a pain in the ass and irritating. He turned to walk out the door before I stopped him again. 

"Niall."

"Yeah?"

I didn't know what I was saying or what was happening, but before I knew it I had said it.

"Please stay with me tonight."

*

(A\N: CLIFFHANGER... Again.)