3

Chapter 3

Nelio arrived at the site of the race and he was accompanied by his sister. As soon as they were out of his red car, Lany walked in the direction of the other cars and looked at them one by one. After all, it was the first time she was present at an event like that.

Her brother went into his friend Antony's car. It was a black opal and its wheels were yellow.

They were preparing for the race and put their safety belts.

Antony would be the driver that night.

"Are you ready?" Nelio asked his friend.

Antony frowned in confusion. "Yes, I am."

"They will give the start."

The green flag went up and the race was on.

There were seven cars in the race.

The atmosphere was electric and the onlookers pulsed with excitement at the performance of the cars. Several cars were old cans, however, they were powerful machines having been repaired and overhauled into fast racing vehicles.

At the end of the race, Nelio and his friend arrived in second place. They left the car and both were upset and dissatisfied at the outcome of the race.

Lany appeared among the crowd of people and she looked at Nelio and his friend Antony as both of them were upset. Her gaze stopped at a young man, who was in a dark undershirt.

Antony also gazed at her. He had never imagined she was his best friend's sister.

He realsied he had stolen the attention of the dark-haired girl.

"Let's go!" Nelio ordered his sister.

"Now?" She hesitated.

"Yes, now!" He answered and pulled her by the arm.