21

Chapter 21

Lany took the opportunity to go out alone since her brother had gone out with her friend Helena to the pizzeria.

She arrived at the nightclub wearing a tight, black dress and her makeup was extravagant. Lany was happy that her brother was not in the nightclub that evening to supervise her every move.

She walked to the dance floor and shook her gorgeous body for hours. After she had danced intensely she had the need to quench her thirst which was enormous considering she hadn't stopped dancing.

At the bar she ordered ice water. The waiter smiled at her contented look.

She noticed an older man, who was sitting next to her, watching her intently.

"Good evening!" He said holding his drink.

"Good evening!" She answered without looking to the side to see who was trying to come onto her.

"Do you come here often?" He asked, continuing to engage her.

"Sometimes," she said taking her ice water.

"I don't live around here. I am only here for a few days. I actually live in the capital," he said politely.

"Oh, you live in the capital?" She looked at his face and could see he was a middle-aged man. However, he was an elegant man.

"Yes, I'm here on business."

"What do you do?" Curiosity began to invade her mind.

"I am the owner of a supermarket," he explained.

"Why did you come to this end of the world?"

"I do not think this is the end of the world."

"You say that because you don't live here like I do." She looked at the bar.

"It seems you do not like living here, he deduced and took a sip of his drink.

"I hate living in this place!" She said and her face showed her revulsion.

"Have you ever thought about moving away from here?"

"That's all I think about, " she said shrugging. "I just don't know how I can do this."

"Allow me to pay for your drink," he said carefully.

"Thank you, but I don't drink."

"A soda?" He insisted delicately.

"No, thank you."

She stood up and turned her back to the stranger, however, he held her right arm.

She looked back at him.

"What is your name?"

"...Lany..." She said seriously.

"Happy to meet you, I'm Jonas."

***

Lany allowed Jonas to buy her a soft drink. They were sitting at a table, which Jonas had reserved for them. They were talking as if they knew each other for a long time.

Lany gave him a spontaneous smile.

"Let's dance!" She said. "I like this song!"

She returned to the dance floor and started to put her body in motion. Jonas accompanied her in her choreography. They danced facing each other and this was a melody full of life.

Antony appeared in the nightclub. He was accompanied by two boys. They walked towards the bar, where they sat and ordered three beers.

"Now this place is on fire!" One of the guys commented as he looked sideways.