30

Chapter 30

Months later

Lany had married Jonas. She had become a wealthy woman. She started dressing up in sophisticated clothes and learned to drive in a new red car that her husband had bought for her.

One day, she decided to go to the country to visit her family. However, her father and her brother did not want to see her.

They still couldn't forgive her.

Only her mother was able to forgive her, having a generous heart and she wanted to receive her daughter with a strong hug.

"How beautiful you are!" her mother commented, missing her too much.

"I'm fine, mom," she smiled. "I'm a rich woman now."

"You dreamed so much about this and you ended up getting it," her mother said.

"I brought this for you." She picked up a pink wrapping inside her shoulder bag. "I bought this because I thought you'd like it."

"It was not necessary, my daughter."

"Yes, it was necessary!" Lany said quickly. "And I will give you some money every month."

"Your father will kill me if he discovers it."

"He doesn't need to know about it."

***

Lany decided to visit her friend Helena, and she was received with a heartfelt hug.

"How beautiful you are, friend!" Helena said looking at her.

"See what the money does!" Lany joked.

"Are you really happy?" Helena asked.

"Yes, I am," she replied with a slight smile.

"Have you already forgotten Antony?"

"I am trying to." She smiled, discontented. "What about him? How is he?"

"Well, when you went away from that place, he was disoriented, he avoided leaving his garage and he worked during daytime and drank during nighttime, trying to forget you," she explained and Lany's face was serious.

"But he is in high spirits now. He got involved with other women and returned to participate in car racing... Nelio told me that he doesn't even talk about you." She looked at Lany's distressed face as she told her news of Antony. "It was as if you had never existed in his life."

"It's better this way," Lany said trying to be strong.

"Nelio also told me that his father is the owner of a gas station, in other words, Antony is rich!"

"Is Antony's father is the owner of a gas station?" Lany asked and she was amazed.

"Yes, and he hides it from everyone. He rejects his family's money. Antony prefers to live simply."

"He prefers to live working at that filthy garage!" Lany said between her teeth.