23

Chapter 23

Antony was cleaning out a piece of an automobile. His fingers were filled with lubricant. He was shirtless due to the heat that was in his garage.

Nelio was with him talking about his sister's behavior in the nightclub.

"Antony, I thank you for taking Lany home yesterday. I heard all about last night," Nelio said.

"Your sister pushed the limits last night."

"If I were there yesterday, I would have given her a good beating."

"Don't exaggerate! Lany is not a child. She already knows what is right and wrong." Antony explained.

"They told me she was in the nightclub... Just thinking about it, I die of shame!"

"She won't do it anymore."

"I hope not." Nelio sat on the wooden bench.

Antony looked over at his friend and he felt a desire to reveal the whole truth about his loving relationship with Lany.

"Nelio, I..." He stared at the floor. "I have something to tell you."

"Tell me!" Nelio said, looking up at his friend.

"I don't know how I begin to tell..."

"What happened? Are you in love? Or did you get some female pregnant?" He joked.

"It's nothing." He decided he would not reveal anything to his friend, thinking it was not the right time. "It is bullshit."

"Antony, lately you're so weird!"

He changed the subject. "My father came looking for me."

"Your father? Oh... Oh... So that's what you wanted to tell me!" There was a smile on his lips. "What did he want from you?"

"He wanted me to go back home," Antony said distressed.