5

Chapter 5

Nelio arrived home and was accompanied by his friend Antony. As he walked around their living room, Antonio walked over to the mantelpiece and studied the pictures. He saw a photograph of Lany.

"I didn't know that you have a sister," Antony said as he was admiring the girl's image for a time.

"I don't make her known because I don't want to make more work for myself later."

"It is true, besides your sister is beautiful!"

"What she has in beauty she also has in foolishness!"

"Foolish?" He asked curious and frowned at his friend. "Why is she foolish?"

Soon Nelio responded tranquilly. "She dreams too much! She wishes to be rich and live in the big city."

"This is the dream of many women," Antony said compassionately and looked back at his friend's face.

However Nelio insisted. He knew his sister so much and he knew Lany was that way. "She dreams too much! You don't know her."

In this moment, Lany left her bedroom and walked toward the living room where her brother and Antony were chatting.

When she saw her brother accompanied by his friend, she had a reserved reaction. She slowed her steps and just stared at the boy's face.

He also stared at her. Their eyes grew wide as they fixated on each other.

"Hi!" She said without thinking and turned her head down. Lany looked confused before Antony.

"Hi!" he said as he looked at her with his penetrating gaze. Antony was a handsome young man.

"Do you already know each other?" Nelio questioned intrigued seeing the conduct of his friend and his sister. He glanced to them and stopped his look on his friend's image.

"From sight," Rapidly Antony said and turned his head down. He feared his friend could note his small enthusiasm for his sister Lany.

"...Yes...that's right," she agreed with him and nodded after that.

"Let's go to my bedroom Antony! I bought a new Rock and Roll CD." Nelio let him know.

They left the living room and Lany's eyes examined Antony from behind until he disappeared and she could see him no more.

Then she went into her bedroom and closed the door behind her. Lying on her bed, she began to sense a brooding sensation rising within her, emotions rising and all due to her brother's friend.

She had never imagined that she could be interested in a poor boy.

In that same moment, Nelio was in his bedroom. He and Antony were listening to music, both of them sitting on the floor holding cans of beer.

"Tomorrow I will take my car to your garage. There's something wrong with it. It's not working properly," Nelio said and gazed to one side.

"I will be free in the morning," Antony confessed.

Full of enthusiasm, Nelio asked another time. "What are you going to do on the weekend?"

A furrow appeared between Antony's eyebrows. "I have no idea."

A smiled played on Nelio's lips. "We can go to the brothel in the city. What do you think?"

"Okay! Sounds like a good idea," Antony agreed with his friend and took another sip of his beer.