1

Chapter 1

Nelio had taken his bath and was in his bedroom, wearing his dark shirt. He stopped in front of his mirror and straightened his hair with his own hands.

His sister appeared at his bedroom door and leaned her face against the wooden door. She was watching him while he was getting ready.

"Are you going out?" She asked looking at him and perceived her brother should go out.

"Yeah, I am" he said, without looking back at her.

"Can I go out with you?" she insisted, touching her face's one side on door wood. Lany had hope her brother could take her with him.

"No," he replied as fast as lightning.

"Why?" She insisted again. Nelio glanced at her and left a sigh.

"I'm going out with my friends ...There are only men in my group," he explained and turned his back to her.

"So what? What's the problem?"

"So what? What's the problem?" He stared at her. "It would be strange for you to stand in the middle of them!" He mocked.

"I'll not be in the middle of your friends, I promise you. I only will go with you and I'll be in a corner, away from your friends," she persisted.

"You'll be in a corner alone?" He asked.

"Yes and it is better than if I were among your friends." Presently she smiled.

"No, I suppose you'll disappear and I'll have to look for you like a crazy man."

"Okay ...if that's the way you want to be I will tell our parents that you smoke cigarettes on the sly." She turned her back to him, trying a withdrawal.

"Okay!" He changed his mind quickly after his sister's blackmail.

She smiled at him with hope and bit her under lip.

"Get dressed!" He ordered impatiently and turned his back to her.

***

They stepped out of the red car. It was an old, cheap car and was the vehicle that Nelio had purchased using his savings.

Lany looked at the nightclub. There were several people in front of it. They were buying tickets to enter.

"Where are your friends?" She asked her brother.

"They are waiting for me inside the nightclub," Nelio answered and glanced to the Club entrance.

Entering the nightclub, Lany looked around. It was a dark place. There was a set of lights which flashed on and off continually.

People were gathered in several corners of the hall.

Nelio approached three of his friends. In this moment he was alone, because his sister Lany walked in another direction.

The young woman walked to the dance floor and began to move her body with the rhythm of the music, feeling the beat pounding through her body as she swayed.

One of Nelio's friends looked at his wristwatch as he seemed worried about the time.

"I have to go! I have an appointment!" he said to them and smiled after that.

"Appointment? Take care with Cupid!" Nelio joked and slap suavely his friend's shoulder.

"I know how to defend myself from arrows!" Antony said with humor and smiled at Nelio another time.

***

Moments later

Lany lay down on the living room sofa, after she had arrived home. Her brother had come along with her

"I loved that nightclub! When will we go out again?" She asked smiling at her brother and after that she gazed up at the ceiling. Lany looked happier.

"Hey! You must not become accustomed to this! Or do you think I will always take you with me?" he asked her, facing her seriously.

"I did not frustrate you ... neither did I get close to your friends; I did exactly everything you asked me and if it was not for me, you wouldn't have stayed with that girl," she said.

"Okay!" he said forcibly "Next time we'll go to a 'Racha.' Illegal car racing on the streets is something dangerous and Nelio and his friends would often go to watch the racing."

"Racha?" Lany asked him, lively. "I'm dying to go to an illegal car race!"