Chapter Four: Earth Changes People

A/N: Chapter video is 45 by Gaslight Anthem and there is a warning for strong language!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finn stared back at her with wide, horrified eyes. "What do you mean they're dead?" His voice wavered slightly as he spoke and she shrugged lightly, staring at the floor in front of them.

"It's been the same thing ever since the explosion at the dropship. They're in a white room wearing white hospital gowns and they're dead. Like literally talking corpses. And they're standing in front of me talking one moment and the next they're hanging from the ceiling with wires and tubes sticking in them. But in each one they're dead. And I can't stop it."

He shifted uneasily beside her before slowly looking back up at her. "What do you think it means? I mean, have you ever had dreams like this before?"

She turned to him with unshed tears in her eyes. "Once."

"Your father?"

Jamie nodded in response and tears started trickling down her cheeks. She moved quickly to wipe them off and Finn grabbed her hand.

"You don't have to tell me."

She squeezed his hand tightly before her eyes refocused on a spot just in front of them. "It was about a week before it happened." She took in a sharp breath, trying to retell the story. "I woke up screaming the same as I did every night and he ran in, grabbed my hand, and sat down next to me as always. Only this night, this night it wasn't my mother's death I had seen. When he pulled me against him and started humming, I lost it. He was...so confused...had no idea why I hadn't calmed when he started humming so he stopped and moved to look at me and that's when I threw my arms around his neck and started crying even harder." She wiped a tear from her cheek and took in a deep breath. "And then I told him. I told him how I saw the guard come for him and they dragged him to the airlock. And...and...I saw...I saw it open and take him out just like it did my mom." She let out a sob and Finn pulled her to him, let her cry on his shoulder. "I can't lose them, not like this. Not after I've seen it and been tormented by it just as I had been with him."

"Hey, that won't happen. We'll save them, Spunk. You have to believe that." Finn's voice cracked as he spoke, his mind drifting to Clarke. Fear bubbled in his chest as he thought about what Jamie had just told him. "There's a plan that's been put into place. We need to leave soon and we'll go find them, okay?"

She pulled back and looked up at him, confusion furrowed her brow.

"Just trust me on this. In another hour or so we'll go find them. And we'll have help doing it. Just try to rest now, okay?"

She nodded and laid back down, gripping the edge of the cot tightly. She stared into the darkness as Finn sat back down beside a sleeping Raven and before she knew it Finn was standing again. "Come on."

Jamie followed Finn outside where Monroe and Sterling both waited. "Let's do this." Finn nodded to them, having already created a plan with them.

Sterling disappeared around the corner, waiting to signal when someone came while Jamie ran into the room with Finn and Monroe following. Finn tossed her the cutters he had grabbed from a bag by Raven's bed and she quickly ran to Bellamy.

"Come on, let's go." She mumbled, cutting his restraints.

"We're going after them." Finn added, glancing at Monroe who still guarded the door.

Bellamy nodded to him, pulling the restraints from his hands. "It's about time."

"Wait, wait! What about me?"