Chapter Nineteen: Without You

A/N: Chapter song is "Sad Song" by We the Kings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure?"

Maya nodded, glancing around to make sure no one saw her and Bellamy talking. "I've looked everywhere I could think of. She isn't here. Not unless she's in with the others."

Her eyes immediately shifted towards the room the remaining hundred were locked in before returning to the distressed man standing in front of her, frown prominent on his face.

"I'm sorry Bellamy."

His dark eyes flickered up to hers and he nodded silently, mind still racing for another solution. "I have to get in there." He mumbled, looking up at the doors she was still focused on. "She's here. I know she is. I just have to talk to Jasper to confirm it."

"Why Jasper?" She looked back at him with an arch in her brow as he remained lost in his thoughts.

After a long moment in silence he turned to her. "Ever since we found out where he was she's been trying to get to him. Trust me, if anyone knows where she is, it's him." He paused before lightly shrugging. "Or Monty. One of them will know."

Maya considered his words before nodding. He seemed so sure of this that she couldn't find it in herself to argue. She could see how much he needed to know Jamie was here and safe; the hope he had of finding her was the only thing he had left. "Okay, the next time they go in we'll make sure you're with them."

He nodded to her, eyes flickering right back to the door once again.

"Come on, I need to take you to the radio so you can check in with Clarke." Maya turned on her heel and with a quiet sigh and one final look at the door, Bellamy followed.

She quickly and quietly led him through the halls, avoiding every other person walking around them. Maya glanced over her shoulder taking note of the obvious frown embedded in Bellamy's features before returning her line of sight to the set of doors leading to the storage room. Her fingers traced the wall as they made their way towards the small hole where the radio lay hidden behind a painting and with each step the nerves continued to build within her. She knew they'd be executed if they were caught and everything they accomplished only brought them closer to danger.

Several minutes later Bellamy was holding the small radio. "Ark Station, do you read me?" He paused, sparing a glance at Maya. "Anybody there?"

Maya held her breath as they waited for someone to reply.

"Bellamy, you're late. Every three hours means every three hours."

Bellamy smirked as Clarke's voice drifted through the radio, lecturing him from back at camp. "Are you through?" He let the sarcasm drip from his words as he looked at Maya again. He could picture Clarke leaning against the table next to Raven with her face turned down in a scowl. Her serious demeanor was the opposite of Jamie who for the most part, had a sarcastic smirk on her face. Sometimes it seemed impossible for them to have grown up together.

"Have you found the source of the acid fog?"

Clarke's voice brought Bellamy back from his thoughts and he shook his head in response even though she couldn't see him. "No, that's gonna have to wait."

He heard her sigh on the other end of the radio as he predicted and she quickly rejected his statement. "What? No, nothing is more important than that!"

"Our friends are. They've started taking them from the dorm one at a time every few hours." He paused, trying to figure out exactly how he'd say the next part. "Clarke, we still haven't found her. Maya has looked everywhere she knows of but-"