Chapter Fifteen: To Tondc We Go

A/N: The chapter song is "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun had risen by the time the group was on the move towards Tondc. Jamie walked silently with a rifle in hand in between Bellamy and Clarke, gaze focused solely on the path ahead. Her mind was racing with so many different thoughts, ones primarily of Finn causing the distress she felt deep within her. She couldn't forget what Clarke said about his eyes being open. She tried her best to keep her gaze on the path ahead versus the cart that Raven was perched on. The one that held Finn's body.

"Hey, you doing alright?"

Her gaze met Bellamy's before she even had time to think about it, almost like it was an automatic gesture. "What?"

His brow furrowed in concern as he carefully analyzed her. "I asked if you were doing alright but you might have answered that already."

Her attention refocused on the path ahead briefly as she considered what he said. She thought she was okay. Sure, she was worried about Clarke and wondered how long it would take her to get to Jasper and Monty and she most certainly missed Finn but things were different now. Ever since the battle at the dropship things had changed.

She took a deep breath to steady herself before looking back up at him. He was still patiently looking at her, giving her all the time she needed to form an answer for him. "I think I am. It's kind of hard to say right now."

Bellamy nodded in understanding and his gaze shifted when Clarke spoke up.

"That's the same boat I'm in."

Jamie turned her attention to Clarke with a soft smile in an attempt to make her feel better. "Well, of course we're feeling the same about all of this. Just part of your quest to be like me." She shrugged jokingly, grinning as they both looked at her.

Clarke smirked at Jamie's statement before her gaze drifted to the woods, just over Jamie's shoulder. Her eyes widened in fear and her face paled, causing Jamie to flip around to see what frightened her. When she didn't see anything she looked back at Clarke to find the girl still focused on the woods. "Hey, what is it?"

Clarke shook her head and her eyes met Jamie's. Without saying anything Jamie realized what she had seen. Finn.

Jamie gently gripped Clarke's shoulder and pulled her closer as the group continued walking. "You did the right thing."

"And now I get to live with it." Clarke mumbled quietly.

They continued on in silence for a bit longer. Jamie glanced up at Bellamy to find his face scrunched in displeasure, eyes staring at the grounders leading the way. Clarke must have noticed as well as she leaned forward to look at Bellamy, around Jamie. "You still think this truce is a bad idea, don't you?" She asked him quietly, well aware that Kane and Abby were walking rather close behind them.

"I think we're wasting our time on politics while our friends are in trouble." His hard gaze remained on the grounders as he answered her question without hesitation.

Clarke sighed and shook her head. "We need their army to get to Mount Weather and you know it."

Bellamy's gaze briefly met Jamie's before he replied. "Their army has been getting their ass kicked by Mount Weather forever. What we need is an inside man. Someone to be our eyes and ears."

Jamie's eyes widened in excitement and she eagerly turned to Clarke.

"Forget it, it's too dangerous."