Chapter Twenty: Coming For You

A/N: Chapter song is "Together Again" by Janet Jackson

Warning for violence in this one guys. Thank you for your patience while I worked on this one! It's a tad longer than normal for you all and I hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jamie's breaths came in quick, short gasps as she laid back against a wall in the vents. Blood spattered her shirt and hands, mostly the reason she couldn't calm down and catch her breath. She could see everything that happened behind her eye lids as if it were happening all over again.

One of the delinquents had been taken and they were drilling into him to the point of death. Jamie had to intervene...she had to try to save him. She had soundlessly gotten into the exam room where the drilling noise filled the air, helping to keep her movements quiet. By the time she reached the guard and slit his throat with her small blade, no one knew. The doctor continued his work as if nothing else was going on. And then Jamie killed him too.

She tried to tell herself that it would all be okay after they saved their friends but taking several lives had never been something she'd thought she would do. She never intended to kill anyone but that boy was being tortured to death and at the time she thought she could save him.

The image played in her mind once again and she felt the urge to vomit.

The doctor's lifeless body slid to the ground and Jamie wasted no time in rushing to the boy on the table. Blood pooled in his watery eyes and she studied him as he tried to talk to her. Her hand gripped his in comfort and a name popped into her head, his name. "Morgan?" She whispered in horror.

He nodded weakly, blood bubbling in his mouth. His eyebrows arched as if he asked her an important question but she couldn't figure out what he wanted. "What?" She leaned in closer to him, pulling back the second his eyes widened in pain.

He nodded desperately, eyes flickering down towards his body.

Jamie's eyes widened in realization and she slowly pulled away from him to analyze his wounds. Her stomach bubbled and her heart dropped as she saw the bloody holes in his body. There was no way he was surviving this. She was too late.

He ended up dying a few minutes later with his hand still tightly clamped around hers.

And in that moment she decided those guards deserved death.

Although her chest heaved and body trembled she still thought clearly. And as soon as the sound of the alarm echoed through the vents, she knew she had to get there in time to save whomever was taken from the dorm. She could hear Jasper's voice pleading with his captors and it motivated her to move even faster. She wouldn't let them take him. She started crawling as fast as possible towards the sound and her skin started tingling when she knew she was close.

Jasper started screaming, making her hair stand on end and she began moving much faster than she thought possible. "Copy that. Transporting asset, elevator C." There were light gasping sounds that made Jamie pause in confusion. She couldn't place that sound at all. "Something's wrong." She heard someone say as she closed the gap to the end of the vent.

"Radiation. We need to get out of here!"

Jamie kicked the vent at the end of the hall and slowly, quietly, slid out unnoticed. She moved to the wall and peered around, eyes widening at the spectacle. Jasper was standing in the middle of the group, watching with wide eyes as the guards and the doctor slid to the floor.

The doctor that had tortured her now burned from the inside out because of the poisoning. She held the walkie talkie to her mouth and heaved out, "containment breach level five. Seal the whole floor." She sank against the wall, clutching at her chest. When Jamie moved into the doctor's line of sight, the doctor started frantically trying to move away from the blonde.