Chapter Eleven: Don't Fear the Lincoln

A/N: Chapter song is "You Found Me" by The Fray

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clarke shook her head, immediately dismissing Jamie's idea. "Jamie, we can't amputate his leg!"

"He's lost a lot of blood Clarke! That bullet has to come out and if we try to remove it he could lose so much more! I'm trying to save hi-"

Octavia quickly interrupted the fighting pair by letting out a sharp whistle. Clarke and Jamie turned towards her, startled at her outburst.

"We have to do everything we can to save him and bickering with one another isn't going to cut it!" Her narrowed eyes moved to Jamie as she continued. "We're not cutting off his leg. We're going to use our two best doctors to get that bullet out and save him. If anyone can do it, it's you." Her voice was stern as she stared back at Jamie, hope in her eyes.

Jamie instantly felt regret as she watched the determined Blake march over to Clarke. "What do we need to do this?"

Clarke studied her a moment longer before nodding to a bag she brought. "I have water in there, we'll need it, and find something that can be used as a bandage.

Jamie quickly made her way to Clarke's side to help. When Clarke's gaze flickered to Jamie's there was a plea for forgiveness from the younger girl. Clarke immediately nodded, understanding filling her eyes as she excused Jamie. She knew Jamie was only looking out for Octavia and didn't mean to act so impulsively. "We have to stop the bleeding and get the bullet out."

Jamie nodded and moved to Lincoln's leg knowing what Clarke was going to ask next. "Hold his leg down."

Octavia returned with a canteen full of water. "Shh. Lincoln, it's going to be okay." Although her voice was quiet and soothing, Lincoln still grunted in pain as Clarke tried to remove the bullet.

Octavia's brow furrowed and she took in a staggering breath to try to calm her nerves. "I'll um...I'm going to go get some more water." She stumbled to her feet and threw herself towards the makeshift door of the dropship.

Bellamy quickly stepped in front of her with his hands gently raised. "Once the drug is out of his system, he'll be okay."

Her teary eyes met his and she slowly shook her head. "You can't protect me from this one, big brother." She ran out, leaving everyone to watch after her in a tense silence.

After a few moments Jamie moved closer to Clarke as the older blonde continued helping Lincoln. "Do you think it'll work?"

Clarke looked up at her and shrugged lightly. "I honestly don't know. We just....we cleaned his wound and now we're going to keep him restrained until whatever they gave him is out of his system."

"And then we go from there?" Jamie added with an arch in her brow.

Bellamy leaned down next to her, eyes regarding the reaper carefully. "Your mother would be proud of you. Both of you."

"My mom would know how to save him." Clarke replied quietly.

They all looked up as Octavia returned, someone shadowing her. Bellamy reacted immediately, getting to his feet and pulling a gun on the newcomer.

"Bellamy, don't! He's Lincoln's friend and their healer!" Octavia pleaded, hands up in surrender as she stood in front of the grounder.

Jamie stood up beside Bellamy and gently wrapped her fingers around his wrist. "It's okay. He's helped us before." Jamie's heart started pounding furiously in her chest as her eyes met Nyko's. In an instant she was back in that village next to Finn, standing by as more than a dozen innocent grounders were shot.