Epilogue

The prologue to book three, Finding Me, will be posted in a few days!

Chapter Song is "Fall to Pieces" by Avril Lavigne.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hard metal was cool beneath her and it matched the cool metal she grasped tightly in her hand. Chills ran up her arms and sent shivers down her back as the wind gently blew and she found herself relaxing.

After they returned from Mount Weather, Jamie came to realize there was only one really peaceful place for her. And now she sat perched on top of the Ark just as she had with Finn; with the necklace he made her back around her neck.

Kane was the one to find the necklace while they were leaving Mount Weather and after he learned what the symbol meant, he knew exactly who the owner was.

Tears silently rolled down her cheeks as she watched the sunset and tried to focus only on the happiness it brought her. Her father used to tell her stories about sunsets before she went to sleep every night while Abby and Clarke had their own nightly ritual. He knew how much Jamie enjoyed the different colors and she always imagined what it would be like to actually see one. Of course at the time she thought he'd be with her.

Her lip twitched upwards slightly when she felt Bellamy coming towards her. He silently sat beside her and grabbed her hand, lacing their fingers together. She laid her head on his shoulder and her other hand rested on his arm as he pulled her as close to him as possible.

They watched the sunset together in a comfortable silence as they had many times since that day. The day that changed who they were. The day that they came back and Clarke left. The day that Jasper started slowly dying, piece by piece. And the day that Monty lost his best friend due to a decision that saved their lives.

They were mostly ghosts of themselves trying to relearn how to function. Bellamy and Jamie were nearly always with each other and after the first week, Jasper learned to live with it. The broken boy never cared if Bellamy held Jamie's other hand while he struggled to breathe, reliving the same nightmare every time his eyes closed. Jasper soon figured out that he wasn't the only one who was broken and if they were going to survive, they'd have to lean on each other.

He still couldn't look at Monty the same though. Every time Monty walked into the room, Jasper left. He couldn't stand seeing the one who made it possible.

Jamie was working with him every day, trying to improve his grasp on reality and help him realize that Monty could still be his friend. He wasn't doing too well with it and they made very little progress. Neither one was willing to give it up though.

So, after a month of being home, Jasper could finally be in the same room as Monty comfortably. It didnt seem like a big deal to others but to Jamie and Bellamy it seemed like progress.

Bellamy frequently hung out with Monty to help keep him company while Jamie worked with Jasper and the two had really formed a tight bond. They kept busy, finding new projects to keep their minds occupied and for the most part it seemed to help. And if Bellamy's mind did drift, it only wandered to Jamie.

Octavia was always with Lincoln, and they often stayed together outside. Octavia refused to sleep in the Ark because she felt like an outsider in Arkadia so of course, Lincoln followed her. She remained close with Bellamy, Jamie, Jasper and Monty, and did what she could to be a good friend to Raven. She had a hard time trusting anyone else though.

Raven struggled with the pressure of living life with a crippled leg all over again, only this time she wouldn't let anyone help her. She claimed she was fine and that others needed help more than she did. Abby looked after her and would even keep Jamie updated on how the mechanic was doing. The updates usually weren't too good however and that just sparked more concern from Abby and Jamie.

At the end of every day though, it was just Bellamy and Jamie that laid together; bodies molded together, hoping to merge with the other person and absorb their pain. They rarely discussed anything, didn't need to, but intimate contact was a high priority for them. Thats why every single night, they laid so close to one another that every inch of their body was somehow touching the other's. It was like they couldn't get close enough no matter what they did. It was never enough.

Finally, they realized the closeness wouldn't ever be enough; being apart however, seemed so much worse than death. So, when Jamie was taken, they both felt like death had come to claim them. Neither knew how they'd survive without the other.

And both were left to figure it out on their own.