Chapter Thirteen: Spacewalker's Stand

A/N: Chapter Song is "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jamie and Clarke walked in silence back to camp with two grounders on horseback on either side. After the commander announced the terms of the truce the two girls were immediately escorted out of the tent and walked out of the camp assuming they would bring back Finn. That wouldn't happen.

As they approached the gate they could hear people shouting and Jamie immediately picked out Bellamy's voice.

"Hold your fire! They're back!"

Despite the depressing news a light smile appeared on her face as she thought about him constantly watching out for her and she could feel how antsy she was to get some true alone time with him after they reunited with their friends. Until that moment they would never be able to find any resemblance of peace or happiness.

"Open the gate!" Bellamy yelled out.

There was more yelling but Jamie found it hard to focus on anyone other than him.

Once the gate opened the girls quickly moved inside and Jamie's eyes widened as Finn ran towards them. "You guys okay?"

Clarke moved closer to talk to him, her brow creasing in worry.

Jamie looked at the nearest guard with a renewed sense of urgency. "Shut the gate." When she turned back she grabbed Finn's wrist and pulled him along behind her, Clarke following. "You can't be out here."

She could feel him tense under her touch but she didn't look back as she spotted Abby.

Bellamy started making his way towards Abby as all of the others began forming a large circle around the temporary chancellor and the girls that had just returned from attempting to stop the war.

Abby ran to them and pulled them both to her, hugging them tightly with her head in between them as she used to do when they were younger. "What did she say?" She pulled back to look at them with an arch in her brow before adding, "is there a chance for a truce?"

Raven pushed her way into the circle and stood just behind Finn. All eyes were on the blondes as they waited for an answer to Abby's question. Jamie and Clarke held eye contact briefly before Clarke nodded subtly. "Yes." She squeaked out with obvious hesitation.

Bellamy arched a brow and looked at Jamie but she was focused on Finn as he asked, "what's wrong?"

Clarke looked at Jamie with a plea in her eyes. She couldn't do this on her own.

Jamie nodded to her before looking back at Finn, gaining his attention. "They want you." She looked at Abby as she continued. "If we want a truce, we have to give them Finn."

Someone nearby yelled out, "what did she say?" causing the entire crowd to start murmuring.

Raven's eyes narrowed as she stepped closer to Jamie. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"That's their offer." Clarke told her, becoming immediately defensive of J amie.

Raven cocked her head to the side in disbelief. "That's not an offer!"

Finn's expression filled with realization as he slowly looked up to meet Jamie's gaze. "It's a punishment for what happened at the village. Blood for blood."

"That's insane." Bellamy immediately responded, glancing around at the somewhat rowdy crowd with unease.

Abby stepped closer to the girls, eyes flickering between the two. "If we refuse?"