Chapter 30 -Epilouge

A/N: IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT END!! PLEASE READ IT!!!!! ^_^

9 years later...

Slash groaned and slumped back in his seat, rubbing his eyes as he threw his pen down. A whole day spent leaning over his desk had made him stiff and achey. Rubbing his poor neck, he glanced up at the clock with tired eyes, 5:00 pm. He shoved the remainder of his papers away and pushed his chair back, 'Screw it. I'm done for today.' He thought, standing and stretching out his cramped limbs and sighing in relief. A small knock sounded on his office door and he turned, "Yes?"
Rain opened the door and bowed lowly, "Dinner will be served shortly Sire."
Slash nodded and made his way to the door, "Where is Flaro?"
"She's in the Library with Luna." Rain bowed again before turning to leave, "I'll let the kitchen staff know that you will be down shortly."
Slash nodded again before heading the opposite way towards the library. Every step his took, a smile made itself more clearer as he went. The only thing keeping him awake in that office was the thought of getting out and being able to spend the evening with the two people he loved the most. Seeing the library doors come into view, he picked up his pace and paused outside to listen to the girlish giggles coming from inside. He smiled slightly and opened the doors to find Flaro chasing a six year old girl around the small sitting area. He felt a small wave of worry wash over him, "Whoa, be careful would you?" He asked, walking further into the room. The little girl turned, her blank eyes sparkling, "Daddy!" She whooped, racing to him and jumping into his embrace. Slash grinned and swept his daughter up, "Hey there Princess. Have you been good today?"
"Yeah. I had lessons with Rain, then me and Mommy had some lunch, then..." She gasped suddenly and started to struggle out of her father's grip, "Ohhh I drew a picture. I think you'll like it." Luna giggled as Slash let her back down and smiled, "I'm sure I will." He laughed, watching Luna run off somewhere to retrieve her drawing. He then looked over to Flaro who was leaning against a sofa, panting, "Ok, she win this one." She smiled at Luna and rested a hand on her baby bump, "But once this baby comes, we're having a rematch." She giggled. Slash walked towards his wife, kissing her forehead, "You shouldn't be running around so much, the baby could come any day now."
Flaro rolled her eyes, "Yeah, yeah I know. But I can't help it. My body just aches if I don't move and I get restless too easily." She pouted and looked down at her bump, poking it softly, "I blame you."
Slash chuckled and pulled her closer to him and resting his forehead against hers, "I missed you."
Flaro giggled and pecked his lips, "I was a few doors away the whole time."
"I know but still." He hummed, kissing her again.
"Ew! That's gross guys."
Flaro giggled and drew back, holding her hand out to her daughter, "You won't be saying that for long now."
Luna raced to her and hugged her by her side, "Yes I will. Boys are nasty."
Slash nodded in approval as he picked up Luna again, "That's my girl."
Luna beamed at him before looking at the folded paper in her hands and quickly opening it, "See?" She pointed at each scribbled stick figure in turn, "This is you, Mommy, me and my new brother or sister."
Flaro giggled at her daughter's adorableness and rested her head on Slash's shoulder, "It's wonderful Sweetheart."
"Yeah. Looks like we have an artist in the family." Slash winked, ruffling Luna's black hair. The little girl giggled again and cuddled close to her parents. Slash grinned down at the two happily before Flaro jumped and looked down with wide eyes, "Jeez... Little guy has a good kick." She winced, rubbing her stomach.
Luna looked at the bump in surprise, "I felt it too. It's weird."
Slash chuckled and placed her down again, "You'll get to meet him or her soon."
Luna grinned at that and nodded excitedly. Flaro smiled and kissed her head softly, "Come on, dinner should be done by now."
Luna's stomach gave a small grumble and the girl giggled, "Ok." She turned and skipped out of the room. Slash turned to Flaro, "Are you alright?"
"Yeah. I think the baby will be coming pretty soon. It's getting a little fidgety in there." She smiled nervously at him. Slash wrapped an arm around her and guided her out of the room, "Everything will be fine."
Flaro sighed tiredly and leaned against him, "I know." She smiled, "I'm just not a fan of the contractions." (Is anyone? I'm sorry mum!!!! DX)
Slash nodded in understanding, when Luna was being born, Flaro was in serious amounts of pain. The doctor had to call in a few maids and guards to keep her still while she was thrashing around so a nurse could inject her with a powerful painkillers. He gulped and shook the memory out of his head, he was terrified that day that something would go wrong for Flaro or his child, or both. He felt Flaro squeeze his hand on her hip, "Stop thinking like that. It's just as you said, everything will be fine." She smiled softly at him. He returned the smile and offered his free hand for her to help her down the staircase.