Chapter 7

A few weeks later...

Flaro awoke to see Slash sitting in the chair again, in the same postion as last time. His long legs crossed and jaw resting on his knuckles. She sighed and turned on her side away from him, "Go away." She muttered, closing her eyes and snuggling further under the quilt. Slash chuckled softly and walked towards her, he sat beside her and twirled a lock of her hair between his fingers, "I see someone's back to normal. Are you ready to get out of bed?"
Flaro didn't move, "What's it to you?" She mumbled. Slash stopped playing with her hair and leaned down, placing his one hand beside her head and turning her head to face him again with his other. She opened her eyes into narrow slits as he whispered, "I want to know if your better. Is that such a crime?"
Flaro scowled at him, feeling his nose slightly brush against her own and turned her head sharply away, jerking out of his grip. She crossed her arms across her chest and stared moodily out of the window opposite her bed. Slash gently pulled the quilt and took her hand, "Come on at least try." He said softly. Flaro yanked her hand away and looked up as footsteps entered the room. Flaro grinned, "Snow."
"Good morning Sire, Milady." She smiled, curtsying before them.
Flaro pulled herself to sit up and smiled at her, "I'm ready to get up."
Snow grinned, "Brilliant, you're right on schedule as the doctor said."
Flaro nodded and accepted Snow's hand to help her up. Slash rose to his feet with her and caught her in his arms as she stumbled. She looked up at him to see him staring down at her, "That was close." He said softly, his lips barely brushing against her own. Flaro didn't say anything. Wrapped up in his arms, she felt oddly... Ok with it? She swallowed her words and avoided eye contact with him as he stood her up straight again. Snow held her hand tighter this time and guided her across the room and back, gradually picking up speed and soon, Flaro was walking by herself again. Snow smiled as Flaro hugged her, "Thank you. For helping me."
Snow patted Flaro's hair softly, "If you ever need someone. You know who to call."
Flaro grinned as she drew back and nodded, "Yeah, I do."
Slash nodded over Flaro's shoulder as a signal for Snow to leave them alone. Snow nodded in reply, "Breakfast will be ready within a few minutes." She said, bowing her head and walking out of the room. Slash waited until the door closed before he turned back to Flaro to see her walking around her room, getting used to being on her feet again after a month of being unable to get out of bed. Slash smiled, "Are you stiff?"
Flaro glanced at him and looked away, not answering him, 'I've barely moved for a month, no shit.'
Slash sighed, "The silent treatment? Very mature." He teased, walking to the door, "I'll leave you to get dressed. Meet me in the Dining Hall." He said, walking out then closing the door.
Flaro sighed and sat down on the edge of her bed hugging her knees to her chest, burying her nose into her knees. She looked up to the door and thought back to when she fell into Slash's arms. They were stronger than she thought. It was actually a lot less worse than she thought too. Flaro raised an eyebrow to herself, 'What am I thinking? He's evil! You hate him Flaro, remember that. You hate his guts so much you would boil them and feed them to hungry dogs and throw a party.' She thought, getting to her feet slowly and carefully walking towards the wash room to freshen up.

That evening, Flaro was in her room again, standing on the large balcony and looking down over the small crowded towns. She puffed out her pale cheeks and rested her elbows on the stone rail, her cheek resting in the palm of her hand. She sighed heavily then looked up to the sky as the sun dropped slowly. A hand touched her shoulder, making her gasp and jump in surprise. She turned expecting to see Slash, but it was Snow. Flaro smiled, "You scared me." She laughed. Snow smiled apologetically, "My apologise Milady."
"You can call me Flaro you know. I prefer it when I get called by name." She said softly.
Snow nodded, "Alright, but only as you wish. I cannot call you by name in front of the King, he will see it as disrespect and I would be punished."
Flaro hugged Snow tightly, "I won't let him do that to you. Or anyone else he keeps prisoner."
Snow patted Flaro's back, "You are a good woman Flaro. Perhaps the people here have a future worth waiting for after all."
Flaro closed her eyes as she hugged her tighter, "I don't know how long I can take him. He's heartless and cold."
"Well, I can feel it beating." Came Slash's voice from the doorway of the balcony. They turned to see him holding one hand to his chest and the other hand to his forehead, "Normal temperature too."
Flaro made flames flicker in her eyes again before she turned away. Snow squeezed her hands, "Will you be alright?" She asked softly. Flaro nodded and smiled at her, "Yeah, I'll be fine." She said softly. Snow nodded and bowed to them before hurrying off the balcony, closing the doors to give them privacy before walking out of the room. Slash walked towards Flaro and leant his back against the rail, "Are you enjoying the view?"
"I was until you showed up." Flaro mumbled.
"Ouch." Slash smiled, putting a hand to his heart, "Hurtful."
Flaro rolled her eyes and continued staring out over the gloomy horizon. Slash tilted his head, "What?"
"Why do you always seem to turn up when Snow is here. Are you stalking her?" Flaro asked.
Slash shook his head, "No, I'm keeping an eye on you both. Never know what two Light Ones will plan when not being supervised." He answered simply.
Flaro glared at him, "You're such a... A..."
Slash laughed softly, "Now now, I thought we were having a nice conversation." He said sarcastically. Flaro growled and made the flames dance in her eyes again. Slash grinned and tilted her head up closer to his, keeping her chin securely between his fingers and thumb, "This is much more fun now you have your strength back. The sassy remarks were not so bad, but not as good as when you can fight back." He said in a low, quiet voice. Flaro smiled, and not in a nice way, "Your right it is more fun. Now I can do this." She made her body temperature rise up. Slash pulled his hand back wincing as she burnt his fingertips. Flaro turned away from him and crossed her arms over her chest, "Now leave me alone." She mumbled.
Slash smiled and walked towards the doors, looking over his shoulder, "You really are interesting."
Flaro growled again and threw a ball of fire at him, only for him to put it out with his dark magic, "Now now. Looks like someone needs to see somebody about their anger."
"Go to Hell!" Flaro yelled at the top of her lungs.
Slash held his hands up and walked through the doors, "Hate to break it to you, but we're already here." Before he disappeared.
Flaro turned back to the sky and sighed, "Asshole."