Chapter 22

A/N: A little more cuteness, then lots of drama. Also I got the inspiration for this first scene from imagineyourotp on tumblr.

Hermione sat on the floor, leaned against the wall. She rubbed her eyes and tried her damnedest to listen, but she couldn't. She sighed. "I'm sorry, Harry, could you repeat the question?"

Harry tried to remain clam, but she could tell that she was testing his patience. He had had to repeat the last ten questions multiple times before Hermione answered. Harry breathed deeply to keep his composure, then repeated the question.

Hermione groaned. "I don't know, Harry! Can we please just go to sleep? It's nearly one in the morning!"

Harry shook his head. "If even Hermione wants to go to bed, this must be really difficult."

Hermione didn't even smile at his joke. Noticing this, Harry snapped the book shut, set it down on the bed beside him and stood up. "I know what to do."

Hermione's gaze followed him over to the other side of the room. "Harry, what are you doing?"

Harry didn't answer, but continued doing whatever he was doing, standing so that it was hidden from Hermione'e view. Finally, he drew his wand and muttered,"Muffliato." Then he pressed play.

Hermione saw the mischievous look on Harry's face when he turned back to her. Then she heard the beginning of Welcome to New York.

Harry jumped onto the bed and grinned at Hermione. "This will wake you up!" He said loudly over the music. He started dancing so ridiculously awkwardly that Hermione couldn't help but laugh. "Come on!" Harry shouted. "Dance party!"

Hermione laughed again, stood up, and jumped up onto the bed with Harry. This made Harry smile even more. With a shake of her head, Hermione started dancing, just as awkwardly as Harry. And before she even realized it, she was singing.

"Walking through a crowd, the village is aglow
Kaleidoscope of loud, heartbeats under coats
Everybody here wanted something more
Searching for a sound we hadn't heard before

And it said,"Welcome to New York."
It's been waiting for you
Welcome to New York, Welcome to New York
Welcome to New York
It's been waiting for you
Welcome to New York, Welcome to New York
It's a new soundtrack, I could dance to this beat, beat... Forevermore
The lights are so bright, but they never blind me, me
Welcome to New York
It's been waiting for you
Welcome to New York, Welcome to New York."

Harry was dancing, watching Hermione with an amused expression. Normally, Hermione but would have been embarrassed. But now, she smiled. "Sing with me, Harry!" She shouted over the music.

With a shake of his head, Harry did.

"When we first dropped our bags on apartment floors
Took our broken hearts, put them in a drawer
Everybody here was someone else before
And you can want who you want
Boys and boys and girls and girls."

Harry had really only intended to listen to a song or two. But they couldn't help themselves. They went through the entire album, adjusting their awkward dancing to fit the song. Finally, as the last notes of New Romantics died away, they lied on Harry's bed, sweaty and out of breath, but happier than they had been in weeks. With the stress of exams, they never had time to have any fun.

It was well past two o'clock in the morning now, and it was only meant to be a study break, but neither of them suggested going back to studying. They drifted off to sleep, lulled by the sound of each other's slow breaths.