Chapter 24

Hermione woke up the next morning with her head on Harry's chest. She looked up at his sleeping face and smiled. As she looked at him, the events of the night before slowly came back to her and she smiled wider. The man she was looking up at was her fiancé.

A moment later, the silence was broken by distance cries from the room next door. Careful not to wake Harry, Hermione gently eased herself out of the bed and tiptoed over to Teddy's room. From the doorway, she could see Teddy standing up in his crib, looking around the room, waiting for someone to come to his aid. "Morning, Teddy," Hermione said, making her way over to the crib and lifting him out of it.

"Morning, Hermy!" Teddy answered excitedly.

Hermione smiled. Somehow that name was much cuter coming from a baby than it was coming from a 16-foot-tall giant. "What's up?" She asked him, shifting him onto her hip.

"I hungry," Teddy told her.

"Okay," she said. She carried Teddy down the stairs and set him down in his high chair.

She made a small bowl of Cheerios for Teddy, then after placing them on his tray, placed a kettle on the stove and busied herself making tea.

Hermione was spooning sugar into her tea when she felt arms around her and let out a small shriek. Harry laughed at her reaction, and Hermione spun around to slap him on the shoulder. "Harry James Potter, do not scare me like that!"

Harry only grinned wider, then kissed her. "Good morning my love."

"Good morning you little prat," she said, wriggling out of his arms, although she was smiling, too. "Here," she said, turning back around and shoving a mug into his hands.

"Why, thank you!" Harry shouted, completely ignoring Hermione's sarcasm.

Hermione shook her head. "What's got you all giddy?"

"Why aren't you giddy? Does our engagement not excited you?"

Hermione rolled her eyes. "I'm simply elated, Harry."

Harry set his mug down on the counter. Then, as quickly as he could, wrapped his arms around Hermione and threw her over his shoulder.

"Harry!" Hermione shrieked, slapping his back. "Put me down!"

"Not until you admit how excited you are!"

"I told you, I'm elated! Now put me down!"

Harry bounced her a little, making her scream again. "Say it like you mean it!"

"Harry," she said calmly, which felt strange as she was talking to his back. "I am so, unexplainably excited that we are engaged, and I cannot wait to marry you."

Harry set her back on her feet. "Now that sounded like you meant it." He had a small smile on his face.

"That's because I did." Hermione returned his smile. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. The two pulled apart when Teddy giggled.

Harry turned to his godson and took note of the empty bowl on the tray. "Hey, bud," he said, striding over to Teddy's high chair. "All done?" He asked, taking the bowl.

"More!" Teddy called.

Harry chuckled. "As you wish."

Harry was refilling the bowl with Cheerios when Hermione spoke again. "Speaking of our engagement, remember what we talked about last night?"