Chapter 26 : The paradise of automails

I look at Winry running everywhere in Rush Valley.
After the brothers' argument, we decided we would go to Dublith to see Edward and Alphonse's master. And there, Winry pointed the map and said:

-Can I go with you please?????

With stars in the eyes. She then explained us she really really wanted to go to Rush Valley, the town of automails, that it was very important for her. For his brother's despair, Alphonse agreed and so she's now jumping with excitement in the streets, shouting a loud "woah" each time she sees something interesting, or amazing, according to her.

I chuckle a little as I look at her, while my two friends are just tired of that, mostly Edward. Next to us, a woman tells her wealthy husband there is a sooooo beautiful ring in the shop, that she needs it. And to our left, there is Winry, telling us there is a sooooo amazing automail in the shop and that she needs it too. Wanna play differences? Well Winry is more interested in automails and mechanics than jewels, the complete opposite of "normal girls". Alphonse shrugs and Edward sighs. I put a hand over my right eye. We recently found a patch for it, but it's still burning time to time, mostly under the hot sun of the south.

-Winry, hurry.... Edward growls.

-I'm taking my time!! It's not everyday you can see all of those beautiful, amazing, handsome automails!!!! she exclaims turning on herself.

My master sighs again. I smile and look around me, looking for the-

-Ah! Here it is! The automail arm wrestling contest!!

-Hah?

Winry grabs his arm before I can do.

-Come on let's give it a check! she says dragging him toward the stage.

I follow with Alphonse, laughing a little. The big man with the two horribly strong automails is here with the other smaller one. And the price is behind. The giant just finished to break another automail when the other guy sees the Elric brothers.

-Oho!! Whose turn??? You the big armor guy??

-N-no! Not my type of contest... he declines the offer.

-Then you the blonde next to him? Ah nah, forget, you're just a midget!

Edward gets on fire. He's about to step on the stage when Alphonse catches him.

-Calm down!

-Plus, I'm sure his automail is crap!

I laugh hard as Winry takes a wrench and hits Alphonse's arm lightly.

-Let him. Let him beat the shit out of this guy...!!! she states scarily.

-F-fine....

I watch, as my master takes his sit in front of the giant and the battle begins. He's about to lose when discreet blue sparks appear and his adversary's arm breaks into pieces. I smirk as I totally remember this scene. No one can believe it. A small- ugh, I bet he can hear my thoughts... So a.... Not so tall boy can defeat easily a strong and huge man! Winry takes the treasure smiling happily, as all the automail makers gather around us to look at Edward's automails. Winry explains them proudly she created them and...

-Strip!!! I hear them shout as I am still laughing.

I walk away a while to not disturb them.

***

When I'm back, everyone's gone and Edward is getting dressed. But he realizes something is missing.

-My watch! My state alchemist silver pocket watch!! he exclaims searching everywhere.