Chapter 35 : Farewell dear friends...

Jane's POV

I wake up in the middle of the night, not understanding what is happening. During my dream, I had a vision. A bad one. One of my previous life on Earth.... All I saw was darkness, but I heard voices as well... I could hear them but not understand them. I sigh and shake my head. That's just a nightmare, nothing to be worried about. I lay back on the bed but cannot sleep anymore. I'm troubled... By the dream... The window opens suddenly and I feel a cold wind blow inside of the room, moving softly the curtains. At the same time, a shadow appears on the wall in front of me and I am stunned, scared. The giant shadow moves and finally, it is just a small bird, nothing to be worried in fact. Except when you know the bird is no one else than Envy... He comes toward me and takes back his original appearance.

-So you succeeded keeping control on Loneliness even during your sleep?

-Yeah, but she isn't as bad as before, it seems she realized something but I cannot tell you what.

-Oh...

-Well, what do you want?

-I just received a message from Lust, saying Father is waiting for all the homunculi to gather under Central. We're gonna attack.

-I am not Loneliness, why do you tell me that?

-Hoping she'd take control again, but it doesn't seem that works...

-You know I can tell the others right?

-I know. And it doesn't matter. I do not plan on joining anyway.

-Why so?

-Because- you don't need to know, he shrugs.

-Tell me I wanna know!!

-Well because I'm bored of this, he sighs, you satisfied now?

-Not totally but that will do... I pout.

-I'd like to talk to Loneliness if you don't mind?

-Promise me nothing bad will happen.

-I never promise anything.

I sigh and let the homunculus take over my body to rest in a corner of my mind.

Loneliness' POV

I let out a content sigh as I finally move my limbs.

-What was it you were talking about earlier? An attack? And why aren't you part of it?

-I do not want to, that's all! Maybe a human life is not that bad anyway, so well...

-That's kinda strange... But okay.

-What's wrong with you?

-Well I think the same. Don't wanna fight anymore...

-Ah...

Damn! I don't want to admit this... Maybe I'd  just be considered as weak finally... Because I'm weak...

Jane's POV

The sun passes through the curtains of the room and I guess Loneliness gave my body back before falling asleep. I get out of the bed and walk toward the chair where I put my clothes. I get dressed and go down to the living room. There, Karen, Edward and Alphonse are already here, apparently waiting for me. I smile and hug them tightly as if I'm never going to see them anymore. What I don't understand and so do they, because I know I'll stay with them until my very death. The elder brother taped my shoulder to encourage me, smiling.

-Today, we all decided a pause would be appreciated by everyone. So a picnic in a forest?

-That's a good idea you found there!

-It was Al's one, Karen explained putting her bird on her shoulder, he knows us so good!

-Yeah, always here for his friend, I smile.

-W-wait that's too much! he blushes awkwardly.

We laugh a little before Edward grabs a basket in his hand.

-Let's go?

-Let's go! we cheer.

***

We walk in the green and clear woods next to Dublith, enjoying the landscape and the soft coldness given by the trees. The place is beautiful and I feel relieve, in peace. Right before a fight against the homunculi, that's the perfect thing to do, a walk in a forest. We walk a little more before stopping under a huge tree to eat. During the meal, we talk and laugh normally, as if there is not any danger near us, as if we are not alchemist, as if we are just normal citizens living a normal life, without risking our lives at any moment. Somehow, it's the life I used to have before I got into FMA. A life I found boring, but finally I think I have to check on my judgement. When you are next to the death mostly always, a normal life is not that bad right? Then suddenly, I feel a liquid pouring on my cheeks. I raise my head toward my friends who are looking at me eyes widened.

-What's wrong Jane? Karen asks worryingly.

-I don't know... I just... Cry... I answer, but everything is okay...

-Tell us Jane, Edward insists.

-Wait brother, we shouldn't do that, Alphonse stops him, I believe it's just... Feelings?

I shed the tears and smile again.

-I'm sorry, I don't know why I... Well...

My voice cracked and I cried for real this time. My friends came to hug me tightly, trying to comfort me, but there's something wrong. Something I don't want to happen...

-Let's walk a little, Karen proposes.

We nod and stand up in silence. I don't want them to be worried about me... But... We arrive in front of a dark and deep ravine. It's scared.... It's so deep I don't even see the end, hidden in darkness. I swallow hard and back, as well as the others. But something, an inexplicable force, pushes me toward it...

-Wait Jane! Don't go!! Loneliness shouts in my mind.

But I don't hear it...

-Jane what are you doing?? Karen asks visibly worried.

-I need to go...

I turn around to face them and hug them tightly again.

-Thank you... For everything... I remember now... So farewell my dear friends...

-Jane what are you-

But I'm already falling into the deep rift. At this rhythm, even Loneliness won't survive. She used to much of her stone lately. I smile sadly as tears fall from my eyes.

-JAAAANE!!! I hear before darkness surround me.

//please please please! Do not hate me! This is indeed the end of the books, but stay a little! I'll post the last part tomorrow I think! See ya!