Chapter 4 : Jane vs Envy, when two immortals are fighting

I'm in the train for Rush Valley. Now that we saved Hughes, my friends can travel again, and I come with them because it will be funny!

-Hey Winry, I wonder maybe you can teach me how to make automails? Like this, if I leave Amestris to go back in my world, I will be able to make! We don't know how to do them...

-Of course I will teach you Jane! With pleasure!

-Thank you very much Winry!!

Ed sighs.

-Don't tell me we have two automails fans now?!

-Well, I also like alchemy a lot! Wanna teach me Ed-sempai?

-Ask like this, of course! It makes me feel taller to be called sempai!! I am your sempai!!

We all laugh. It's so funny to be with them, and I always wanted to come in Amestris. Ed that does stupidities, Al that is so nice, Winry that is (nearly) always smiling. I don't understand why Envy calls me Loneliness. That's actually not true. I think a little about my world, the Earth. Do they even notice I was gone? Well, surely not. And I am thinking.... I can stay in Amestris forever, can I? It would be so great... It would be a dream come true. Live with all my friends here, have an automail shop, or even become a state alchemist! Why not? After all, what do I leave in my world? A family? They never understood me. Friends? Don't be kidding me, I don't have any. My studies? Being an alchemist or making automails is more interesting don't you think? No, I have nothing to lose in Amestris. I look outside, at the beautiful landscape. Amestris is so amazing. The train suddenly stops in a train station. We are arrived! Winry runs toward the exit and I follow her with Ed and Al. Automails paradise eh? Well that exactly the truth! Automails here and there, people with automails all around me, automail arm wrestlings! Winry runs everywhere like a little child in front of lots of toys. I laugh, but the Elric brothers don't seem to feel the same way as me. Oh, well! It's nearly the time for Ed's arm wrestling! But maybe not, we came here later than in the original story... Let's see, I like surprises too!!

-Hey, you the shorty with an automail arm, wanna try? Oh, forget that, I don't think you can beat my champion, you are too small!

-WHO DO YOU CALL SMALLER THAN A GARDEN GNOME??!! Ed yells walking toward the table to arm wrestle.

-Woah, he can really win? I ask Al.

-When he is angry like this, yeah. Because he is gonna use alchemy I think.

-Oh yeah! That's right!

And of course, he destroys easily the automail arm of the champion with alchemy. It makes me realize something : there are things that won't change, even if it's not at the same time. Sadly, it's the truth. But we saved Hughes! I really believe I can do something for everyone, I have to! I want each character to be happy, even the homunculi! Suddenly, all the people around us gather to see Ed's automails, so Winry is very proud of herself.she made them after all! As I have nothing to do, waiting, I take a manga and turn the pages to the moment of the arm wrestling. I drop the book as I see a shadow hidden in a dark corner near us. I quickly look around me and take my book against me. Without warning, someone comes behind me and catches me. I try to yell, but that someone put a hand on my mouth. I am being.... Kidnapped again?! Powerless, I laugh however when I notice Paninya taking Ed's pocket watch. The stranger brings me in another dark street and releases me after having tied my hands and feet. I don't see him very clearly, just his shadow, that actually looks like a... Palm tree?

-ENVY?!

-Yo human! Remember when I said I would come and get you? Then here I am!

-Tch, I only had a day of freedom...

-That's why you are gonna come with me again!

He pics me up, on his shoulder, and jumps on the roof. Bad luck for him, he bumps in Ed, running after Paninya. My friend stops and glares at the homunculus.

-What do you think you are doing with Jane?

-Raaaaah, holy shit! Forgot the midget!

-I AM NOT SHORT!!!

I hear a gunshot and Envy falls from the roof, dropping me at the same time.

-Waaaah!!! I shout before Al catches me.

-Just in time! he sighs.

I look behind me and notice Paninya with her automail canon. But... Why?

-I may want the pocket watch, but nobody is allowed to kidnap a girl in front of me! she declares.

Woah, such a turnaround! Red sparks appear around Envy and he regenerates. He doesn't seem to be very nice anymore... His hair is falling on his face, creating shadows, and he is wearing a very very creepy smile. Bad things are gonna begin for us... The homunculus runs toward us and takes Paninya by the neck.

-You dared killing me one time... You're gonna pay it!!

He throws her away and she crashes into a wall. Ed and Al try successively to beat him, but they fail and also finish on the wall, with Paniniya and Winry, that tries to take care of them. Just me back.

-Hey, Envy, don't you think you should attack people of your level? Everyone is not immortal, y'know?

-Ah, yeah, Loneliness! I was keeping you as dessert!

I dodge his attack and throw my foot toward his face. He stops it and launch me away. Before I can touch the floor, I turn on myself and land perfectly before attacking again. He changes his arm into a blade and tries to slaughter me. I am disadvantaged by that... But wait, since when do I know how to fight?! No, questions later, I must beat that homunculus.

-Ed, a sword please!! I shout.

-Alright captain!

He transmutes a beautiful and dangerous sword that he throws to me. I jump to avoid Envy's blade and catch my sword in the air before falling on him, pointing it toward him and grinning. He blocked it and the shock is so big that we create a hole in the floor. I bend down and execute a perfect rotating kick toward his feet, making him fall. Then I take his arm and hit him on a wall, hardly, making him cough blood. With my sword, I pierce his body and pin him on the wall. Finished, I guess. I have won. As I slowly turn to go away, he regenerates and plants his blade in my back, killing me. I fall on the floor, blood pouring all around me, eyes widened. But I smirk and before I hit the ground, I throw my arms in front of me and raise my feet to kick him.... "There".... He shouts because of pain and glares at me. He might be genderless, but that body is a guy's one, so weak point! I regenerate myself and stand up, walking toward him and pointing my sword on his throat.

-I have won, palm tree.

-Seems that, Loneliness.

-I am Jane, not a damn homunculus.

-You didn't even realize your strength when you fought against me? You are one of us, Loneliness!!

-Shut it transvestite palm tree! I am Jane, I glare at him.

-Let's see next time! You have won, so I leave for now!

And he disappears in the dark street, leaving me alone, covered of blood, with my friends, that are looking at me, a little shocked of my "show". I smile, throw my sword away and walk toward them, tired. I fall in front of them.

-Sorry guys, I am so tired...

I close my eyes and fall asleep.

//hiya guys!! Things are gonna go faster from now on! Huhuhu, is Jane a real homunculus? As cruel as them? Or is it just a coincidence? Find out in the next chapter!
Media: Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood OST : Envy revealed
(c) to Akira Senju for the music!