Chapter 27 : Meat shop

I am panting heavily behind my friends, who don't seem tired at all. I wonder how they do... First Rush Valley, then now Dublith.... It's so hot!!! I can't stand it anymore, I think I'm just going to fall on the ground while all the water in my body evaporates. I can't anymore... I stumble on my feet and Alphonse catches me fortunately right after that. Or unfortunately....

-Wah Alphonse you're scalding hot!!!!! I yell trying to pull away.

Sun and metal, or how to make a fried egg.... Wait, I'm the fried egg right now!!

-Ah I'm sorry Jane!!

And he drops me harshly. My face hits the floor and I growl in pain, standing up. I shoot him a glare as I remove the dust off my clothes.

-Thank you....

-Ah sorry I didn't mean it!!

I sigh and put a hand over my forehead. Why is it so hot...??? Finally, after five more minutes walking under a pure sun as hot as hell, we arrive in front of the famous meat shop of their master.

-Okay... We're here... Edward says carefully low.

With his brother, we both nod silently as we slowly approach the small shop, trying to be as discreet as possible. Like ninjas! But that's not funny.... Edward takes a deep breath and knocks on the wooden door, getting ready for the worst. I am not impatiently waiting for it to open, I read the books, I know that she's terrible... The master.... Suddenly, the door burst opens and a massive shadow towers over us, intimidating the three poor teens we are. He looks down at us and Alphonse literally freaks out as I can feel my sweat dropping on my back. It's getting really hot in here.... I try a smile as the man looks at us.

-Edward! Alphonse! It's been a long time! he finally declares, and...

-Jane, that's my name, I say.

He nods.

-You surely want to see Izumi. Wait, I call her.

We all nod and wait. Even if five good minutes pass, it feels like thirteen seconds, because we really, really aren't mentally and mostly physically prepared for that.... A black haired woman appears in front of us and I swallow, certainly as scared as my two friends. I don't know her as much as they do, but I'm scared. Who wouldn't be with the dark aura coming out of her??? She has her hands crossed and I look down to see her "W.C." shoes. Then she smiles and extends her hand to shake Edward's one. Even if it seems like a nice act from a master to a student, it's rather.... A trap. I gasp as she throws Edward away and hits Alphonse hard on the chest. And fortunately for him, he has an armor. I hope that she has some mercy for me, as she doesn't know me, but no. Through my unique eye, I can see her getting closer and closer and...

-Nice to meet you, she smiles, I'm Izumi Curtis, Edward and Alphonse's master.

-I-I'm Jane.... Edward's student but also their friends...

I'm mentally shocked!! She didn't hit me!!

-Oh so the idiot I have as a student has taken an own one too? That's great that's great!

-Y-yeah hehe...

I don't know if I have to be relieved or scared. Maybe is that a trap?? Her eyes fall in my automail and travel toward my patch. I smile awkwardly.

-You lost a leg and an eye?

-Well yeah, erm, you see, the Elric brothers saved me after a... Train accident and well here I am... I horribly lie.

She nods smiling.

-Well, they were here fortunately!

-Yeaaaah, hehe... I rub the back of my head.

Meanwhile, the two brothers have stood up and are now ready to fight if needed. But they don't have to and their master gently invite us in...

.. Not without having hit then hardly again because Edward became a state alchemist.
We follow her in and she gives us meat to it. Luckily, I've always liked meat so it's easy for me to eat everything she gives me, even though I think I'm going to roll like a ball after that.... Well.... Alphonse doesn't touch his plate at all. Of course, he's an empty suit of armor, but we have to hide it from the dangerous master!!

-Alphonse you don't eat?

-Well I... Ive already eaten... In the train I mean... Hehe... Hehehe...

As good liar as me...

-By the way, you did improve your alchemy didn't you? Izumi asks taking a big piece of meat in her mouth.

Edward nods, happy to change subject.

-Of course we did!

-Mind showing me a little?

They both nod and we follow them outside for an alchemy show. Alphonse takes a small wood stick to draw a circle on the floor and slams his hands next to it to create a very beautiful horse. Edward smirks and claps his hands before slamming them in the floor too and a menacing and strange pegasus appears, scaring me a little.

-Wah, you've got bad tastes brother!! Alphonse complains.

-Liar! That's an amazing work!!

-Erk!! That's ugly!!

-Alphonse...!!!!

The older brother begins to run after the younger one and I just stand laughing at their stupidity. But Izumi taps on my shoulder, making my smile fade away.

-What about you? You said you were learning right?

I nod shyly and sit down before taking the stick and drawing a circle on the floor. I slam my hands next to it and lots of blue sparks appear, so much the sky nearly becomes dark and everyone turns around to look at me. That's right, I'll succeed this time, with a powerful transmutation!!

***

I'm sitting shamefully on the couch, looking down, my hands on my knees, as my friends are laughing at me.

-Woahaha!! What the hell was that??? Edward laughs holding his belly.

-That was hilarious! the usually kind Alphonse mocks.

I puff my cheeks even more embarrassed.

There was a very light blue flash and we all were thrown away because of the shock of the transmutation. Then, when everything was finished.... Poof! A very very small horse appeared in the circle. If we could call that a horde of course because it really didn't look like anything in particular...

I growl in shame as they keep laughing at me for a while.

-Well well, you have still lots of things to learn!~ Edward smirks.

-I know....

-Don't worry, it'll come! Alphonse tries to reassure me.

I groan again and look at them. Tch... They were genius how could they compare me to them! Huh...

//Done with this chapter! Next one next weekend!! Hope you still enjoy and see ya!