Chapter Twenty-one - "He's Mine."

"I've Never Cried"

Chapter Twenty-one

'He's Mine'

Scene...

Continuing

Joe's POV

After the door had opened, Demi bit my bottom lip as she pulled away, a flirtatious look in her eye. She laughed then, when I'd given her a satisfied smile.

I'd almost forgotten someone walked into the house, until Demi had looked up toward the person. I turned too, Demi still straddling my lap, and had spotted Selena in the doorway, sporting a hospital bracelet on her right wrist. When she saw Demi on top of me, she stared for a moment, seeming somewhat envious. Then her eyes caught mine, and she bit her lip and looked away.

 Beside her was a girl I hadn't seen before, though she somehow seemed familiar

 Beside her was a girl I hadn't seen before, though she somehow seemed familiar. She was tall and thin, like Selena, but her hips were the slightest bit wider. Her hair was a reddish-brown color, her long bangs pushed behind the sunglasses on top of her head. Her eyes were small, yet looked extremely familiar as well, and stood out the most. She dressed in black and red clothes, and wore tall heels. I found her attractive, but it was odd because I felt that I'd seen her before. 

Her lips and broad chin finally struck a chord in me. This girl looked almost exactly like Demi, but with lighter skin and smaller eyes. "Don't rape him, Dem," She muttered, a joking smile on her face. Demi jumped up almost immediately, and darted toward the girl, excitement all over her face.

"Dallas!" She shouted, hugging the girl tightly. I sat up and walked over to her, glancing at Selena's jealousy-ridden face as I passed. "What are you doing here?" I heard Demi say after she'd released her from the hug. The girl closed the door behind herself and dropped her bags where she stood.

"I had a photoshoot down here and decided to come see you." She smiled at Demi, before averting her eyes toward me. "Is this your boyfriend?" She asked, her eyes still on me. Demi looked as if she were about to speak, but before she could say anything, I said,

"I'm Joe."

"Dallas," the girl responded. "Demi's older sister. Nice to meet you, Joe." Dallas began to circle around me, the jewelry on her wrists clinking. The sound was the slightest bit irritating, but I ignored the feeling. "You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend, Dem. He's hot, he's tall, he's in great shape-"

"He's mine." Demi spoke up, returning to me with a hug around my body. "Hands off sis," she muttered, playfully. Dallas laughed at her younger sister's cockyness, but I heard Selena scoff and caught her slightly rolling her eyes.

 Dallas laughed at her younger sister's cockyness, but I heard Selena scoff and caught her slightly rolling her eyes

"Oh, I know he's yours, Dem," Dallas said, a smirk on her lips. "Why else would you guys be trying to rip each other's clothes off?" I could actually see myself turn red this time. I tried to laugh, but it came out nervous and shaky, having Dallas and Demi both laugh. Demi was embarrassed too, but she had the skin tone to hide it.

I cleared my throat. "So, where are you coming from?" I asked, glancing over at Selena's wrist again. She seemed to be trying to ignore all of us before I asked this question. Slowly, she looked over at me, narrowing her eyes as she answered.

"If you must know, I was-,"

"She was having her annual check-up, that's all." Dallas replied, a little too quickly. Selena then turned to her, her mouth slightly opening, before Dallas gave her a look that shut her up. "I was just picking her up as a last minute thing." Something flickered in Selena's eyes as they dropped onto the floor again. She crossed her arms and leaned her back against the wall.

"Sure," She agreed, swallowing. Demi studied her for a moment, then looked at me. I shrugged slightly.

"Well," Demi began, attempting to ease the tension, "I'm glad you're here, Dallas. How long are you staying?"

"Actually I was just dropping Selena off before heading over to my hotel."

"Oh," Demi said mostly to herself. I could tell she was disappointed, so I approached her from behind, gently sliding my hands up and down her sides. "Well, thanks for coming by, I guess."

Dallas came nearer to her sister, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. "Love you sis." She said as she pushed her sunglasses down, and exited the house. I turned Demi around to face me.

"Hey," I began as I studied the look on her face. She was sad, so I lifted her chin for her to look at me. "Don't feel bad okay?" I stroked her cheek.

"I don't feel bad, Joe." She whispered, "I just miss her." She ran her hand through her hair. I looked over at Selena, who was watching us intently, a deep look in her eye. She raised an eyebrow at me, the sides of her mouth pulling into a flirtatious smile, baffling me. I turned back to Demi, who was staring at the floor, oblivious to what had just happened.

"I'm gonna go upstairs for a while," She muttered, looking up at me. I kissed her forehead,

"I'll call you later." I said back as she walked up the stairs, and I headed for the door.

Selena was still standing there, watching me. "Bye, Joe," She said, stopping me for a moment. I turned to her, slowly, wondering what was going through her head. She smiled as she turned away; her hair dramatically following her.  

"Bye

"Bye."  

JJDL

*****What are your predictions? Leave comments!*****