Chapter Forty-two - "I Wanted Him More."

"I've Never Cried"

Chapter Forty-two

'I Wanted Him More.'

Scene...

Continuing

Joe's POV

"She's deserved it!" Demi screamed, struggling to get away from me. Selena began to compose herself, fixing her hair and gently wiping away the tears from her bruised face. "She fucked everything up! It was her!"

Demi broke my grasp, screaming all of this at the top of her lungs, but she didn't charge as Selena and Nick had both expected.

"I'm sorry, Demi! God, why can't you see that?! I know it's my fault!"

Demi's voice became frighteningly calm.

"I know he didn't start it, Selena. So don't even fucking pretend. This was you." Her voice lowered, and slowly she walked toward Selena who was more cautious than ever. Demi continued, "Do you think I'm stupid? I know that you broke up with Nick on purpose, so that Joe would come talk to you. So that you could get him alone."

I'd known this too. I glanced at Nick, whose face was as horror stricken as ever. He released Selena, startled at this new discovery.

"You did this," Demi went on, "to satisfy your pathetic emptiness. You planned all of this out to make me feel as empty and hollow, and broken and sad as you feel." Selena's sad gaze became a hate-stricken glare that validated everything Demi was saying. She'd locked her eyes on hers, tears filling the brim even though her expression was angry.

"You broke us up so that you could get close to him while I was angry at him. You're happy with what you got, aren't you? Because it gave you all of this time to try and make Joe fall in love with you."

Now I was surprised. There were a lot of things that I had known just based off of assumptions. I had always known that Selena had purposely seduced me that night, and I knew that she never cared about the consequences like she pretended she did. I had always known that she felt the same pull that I did between us after that night, especially since she acted on it every time she saw me. I'd even known that the reason she'd given me for breaking up with Nick was complete bullshit, and that she was hiding her real reason.

But I had no idea at all that this was not the end of what she planned. I thought that she just wanted her night with me, for whatever reason; especially since she urged me not to tell anyone. But she had used me. She was really just waiting for me to call her so that the blame could be geared toward me. It all made sense. But there was far more to it than I had ever realized.

"You gave me so much grief after my first kiss with Joe, and now I know why. You didn't care about me getting hurt by him. You were jealous because I was getting in your way. You tried to get us apart by telling me to leave him alone, and that didn't work. So you risked everything for all of this, right? You dumped Nick so that you could sleep with Joe. So that you would have no obligations to anyone but me."

We all awaited Selena's response, angrily. Nick was almost to tears, he was so enraged. I could tell he wanted to hit something. He clenched his fists, angrily.

Selena took a deep breath, and sighed. "You've got me."

"I wanted him," she glanced at me, then back to Demi

"I wanted him," she glanced at me, then back to Demi. "More than I wanted Nick. I wanted him at the beach, I wanted him in the car. I wanted him all of the time." Instantly, I remembered when I came into the house the day we all were going to the beach, and I saw Selena in her bikini. I remember wondering why she hadn't hurried to cover herself and instead, waited for Demi to escort me out.

She had been planning this for a long time.

Demi spoke then, and I was ready to grab her in case she attacked again.

"But why? Why was he more important to you than our friendship? Than my feelings?"

Selena turned away from Demi then, placing her eyes on mine. When she did this, her face softened, and a tear finally escaped her eye.

"Because I wanted him to remember," she whispered, her stare on me. "But he didn't."

"Remember what?!" Nick yelled, asking the question we were all thinking. Selena jumped at the sound of his voice, her eyes briefly hitting the ground before they reconnected with mine. She then turned back to Demi, who was waiting for an answer as well, and said,

"Spring break."

Inexplicably, Demi's eyes widened, and she took a step away from Selena. Nick and I were hopelessly confused, as the girls were clearly remembering something we did not.

 Nick and I were hopelessly confused, as the girls were clearly remembering something we did not

"I told you, Demi," Selena said, her voice stern. "I never forgot his face."

"What the hell is going on?" I asked, and at the sound of my voice, Demi turned away from Selena and looked at me.

"Did you know?" She said, her eyes squinting at me in shock.

"Know what?!" Now I was pissed, as I just wanted to take Demi to her gift. All of this had gotten out of hand, and I was nothing but pissed off at Selena for interrupting my plan. Nick was staring at me too, his eyes suddenly filled with fury. It seemed like everyone knew something I didn't, and it was endlessly frustrating.

"Joe," he asked, coming closer to all of us. "Didn't you hook up with someone at that party?" He crossed his arms and waited for my response, and frankly, I wanted to punch him for spilling something like that in front of Demi. I turned to her quickly, to clean it up.

"That was way before you," I said, and she rolled her eyes, as if I were missing some point Nick was trying to make, so I kept talking; I turned back to my brother

"That was way before you," I said, and she rolled her eyes, as if I were missing some point Nick was trying to make, so I kept talking; I turned back to my brother. "And yeah, I did, but I was drunk so who cares? Why are you even asking me about that-,"

"Because it was Selena," Demi said, cutting me off. "You've slept with her twice. Congratulations."

JJDL