Chapter Forty-eight - "Going Back."

"I've Never Cried"

Chapter Forty-eight

'Going Back.'

Scene...

The Next Day

Joe's POV

The day I had finally gotten back together with Demi, her sister Dallas had checked out of their glamorous hotel room, leaving Demi with a complicated decision. She'd have to either go back to her home that she shared with Selena, get another hotel room that she could afford for a long period of time, or fly back to Sacramento to stay with her parents. Because I had just gotten her back into my life, I was absolutely not going to allow the latter to happen. Also, I still felt I needed to prove to Demi my commitment to loving and staying faithful to her, so I took it upon myself to make sure she had somewhere to stay. After an extensive debate with Dallas, as well as a little flirtation from Nick, we were able to pull some strings so that Demi could stay in a different room at the same hotel for an extra couple of nights.

Nick was the breadwinner of the two of us; he mostly made enormous amounts of money selling his songs to a publishing company. Each song would rake in at least five figures of income, so neither of us truly ever had to work. I'd also learned, through conversation with Demi earlier on in our relationship, that Selena had inherited the house she'd lived in from her grandparents, as well as around five-hundred grand in savings from their estate. Moreover, Demi's mother was once a Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleader (hence her sister's name), her father was a supreme court judge, and her sister was a world renowned model. All of our financial situations were through the roof, and we were all incredibly blessed to not have to work a nine-to-five to cover our finances.

Still, the problem remained that, while Demi and I came from families that generated income, neither of us truly did that ourselves. I did, in the past, cowrite some songs with my brother, which generated half of his earnings for myself. So, in savings I had a large amount of cash. I knew what I had would last me for a long while, but overtime, I would run out.

I decided that I needed to sit down with Demi and figure out what she was planning on doing. The morning following her birthday, I headed over to the hotel, meeting Demi at the door of the room.

When she'd opened the door, her smile first greeted me.

"You're here early," she said, those pretty brown eyes filling me with an instant burst of joy

"You're here early," she said, those pretty brown eyes filling me with an instant burst of joy. Quickly I placed my hands on her hips, pulled her nearer, and kissed her. She let out a small laugh when I pulled away, likely surprised at my actions.

"Maybe I just couldn't wait to see you," I said. I released her then, and followed her inside of her new hotel room. This place was much smaller, and definitely looked like a normal hotel room should - one bed, a mini fridge, a TV and a bathroom. It was definitely still incredibly fancy, but it was quaint, and it was enough for Demi.