Brooke|Chapter 8|Part 4

Chapter 8

In the Gym with my Not-Alone-Buddy

Part 4 of 4

Brooke's POV

I walked into the gym talking with Travis and he was talking about last year and how he was nervous to make new friends. He and I are kinda alike in some way.

We walk in and in the corner of my eye I see a familiar face walking towards me I try to duck my head and hide but they still walk to me anyways.

I looked up and saw James. Great just Great! I looked around angrily and he looked at me like 'what the fudge happened to you?'

I give him a glare and me and Travis just walk around at the clubs.

"I'm going to do Theater Club this year. I wasn't able to last year so I want to do it this year before it gets full. After that im going to try to find my friends and see if you want to meet them. Well if you want to."

"Umm you do what you want Travis I'm going to look at the clubs and I won't talk to your friends quite yet I'm still kind of nervous."

"I get it. See you around?"

"Yeah."

He goes towards the theater booth and I look at all the clubs. There are so many it's surreal. Absolute Madness. I then notice Kate and Noah talking. Crap.

Got to hide before they realize who I am. I go towards the volleyball club booth. Hoping they weren't following me. Luckily they weren't.

I then saw Sky and my eyes went huge as she came towards me.

"Hey Bailey!"

"Uhh. Hi."

"Are you nervous? Don't be you will get used to it. It's hard being they only British kid I know. But I know an Australian too so what the heck!"

"Y-Yeah. I know I'm just trying to work out the system and then I get to go to the last class and Leave."

"Wait. You know Robyn?"

Crap. Did I reveal myself already? Play it cool Brooke.

"Uh no I meant like I know it's hard to being different. I'm Texan so."

"Really? I know a Texan who goes here to but I haven't seen her all day and neither have my friends. We're kind of scared something bad happened. My friend Kate is just trying so hard to make her life a bit easier but she always pushes her away."

Really I do that? They really care about me?

"Really? Hmm seem like a bit of a bad person if she pushes people away."

"Well I get it. She was bullied but I get how it can be hard. Oh man! I got to go! See you around Bailey!"

"You too Skyllar."

Phew that was close.

Then the bell rung and we headed to our last class.

-:-

After the last class Psychology I headed out the door and quickly got into my car and left. I want to get home before they realize who I am.

I got home just in time. No one was here and I got upstairs before anyone got here. I put on a t-shirt, jeans, and white vans. I put my hair down into a pony tail and headed downstairs.

I sat on the couch and waited for everyone to get home. Then I hear the door open and everyone coming in.

"Hey Brooke!"

"Hey."

"We didn't see you at school."

"I was there. I saw you guys."

"Then why didn't you come say hi?"

"I did to one of you."

"Who?"

"I can't say. Heh."

"Brooke! You can't do that to us!"

"Yes I can.  And she was talking to this girl a lot in the gym. She looked pretty."

"Oh! That's Bailey! She's really nice and she is Texan too! Like you!"

"Heh yeah. Well you guys should go unpack. I'll be here and look up stuff for Psychology class."

I'm so mischievous.