Chapter 9, Dipper

We get back to the tents at dawn, everyone still asleep. We stop in front of our tent.
"You have fun tonight?" He asks with a crooked smile, opening the tent for me. I push him playfully.
"Yes. And I'm not a girl I don't need you to hold the door open for me"
"A gentleman always holds the he door open for the one he loves" he gives me a devilish grin.
"Oh shut up and come here" I grab him by his bow and pull him into the tent. He magically zips the tent closed behind us. I kiss him, a good, proper kiss. His eyes flutter.
" you're such a good kisser." I gasp. He leans in for more, then pulls away. I look up at him.
"You're to young to be doing this pinetree" he says. I roll out from under him and curl up on my sleeping bag. He looks at me with one huge, blue, puppy eye. I close my eyes and drift off.
.............................
When I wake up, bill isn't in the tent. I sit up and rub my face, wishing he was. My hat is sitting awkwardly on my hair so I fix it then head outside for some breakfast. I'm expecting bill to be out there, scarfing down food like there's no tomorrow, but he's not.
"Morning dipper" Mabel calls and holds up a plate of bacon.
"Want some?" She asks. I take a big strip and bite into it.
"Have you seen bill?" I ask her. She nods.
"Why do you wanna know? Is there something going on between the two of you?" She asks playfully. I roll my eyes and try to hide my blushing.
"No, I'm just trying to keep an eye on him. Hes still dangerous."
"Dangerous for you maybe." She smirks. I mess up her hair. She whines.
"Im going to go out into the woods and explore." I announce and walk towards the clearing from last night. I don't get far before I notice something small on the ground. I pick it up, shivers going up my spine. It can't be... Why would he.....
"BILL!" I scream. No answer. I start panicking. A branch snaps behind me. I jump and turn around. Hes standing there, a hand over his eye.
"Bill" I take a step towards him.
"Don't come near me pinetree. I'm dangerous right now. Just, go. Away." He takes a step back. I hold out the eye patch. He stares at it like it's the only thing that can kill him. It probably could cause him to get killed though. He slowly steps forward and takes it out of my hand.
"I- I need help putting it on" he practically whispers. I take it and step behind him. He tenses.
"It's okay. I'm just going to tie it. I need to see what I'm doing." He slowly pulls his hand away from his face and quickly covers his eye with the patch. I tie it in a double knotted bow, carefully not to get his hair entangled.
"Is it on" he asks. I take a step back.
"Yeah, it's on." He disappears, leaving me shaken and alone. I run all the way back to camp, not looking where I'm going. I just.... Need to forget what I saw.