Chapter 14, Bill

It's around midnight, dippers asleep, and I'm just laying her yelling at myself. We need to go back to that hole. We? You, and no you don't. I sit up. Go to that hole. I start to crawl towards the tent door. NO! I sit back. The door opens, and I get out. I want to get back into the tent, but I wander out into the woods instead. The cave entrance looms ahead of us... Me.. Well look who's finally coming to his senses. You just admitted that I exist. You cant have beauty without a beast. Now let me take control, I'll spare dipper, as long as I get what we both want. I shake my head. It's not going to happen. I won't let him near dipper. I'm you smart one. I've been around dipper this entire time. I shiver, realizing that what he's saying is true. I can't go back to the tent, not ever again. I just now realized that I'm standing above the portal. The patch is in my hand. My vision sharpens, the colors of the cave sharp as knives. I look down into the hole, colors only demons can see swirling as the portal activates in my presence. A dark, smokey black hand rises from the hole. What did I do? A smokey body rises from the abyss. Finally, some back up to destroy this world. NO! I scramble back. I blast it in the face and send it back to where it came from. Someone clears their throat behind me.
"I have this under control. Get out of here." I put my arms out in defense, not taking my eyes off of the hole. Eyes...... My eye is still uncovered. The patch is by the hole where I dropped it. Lightning flies out of the hole. The creature comes back out of hole, screaming. A spear materializes in its massive claws, and it throws it towards me. I duck, then blast it in the face. It screams in rage. I will the hole to shut, then turn around. Dipper is standing there, the spear in his gut. He looks up terrified, then falls to his knees. I rush forward, catching him before he hits the ground.
"Kid you should have ran." I say. He smiles.
"You were in trouble. I wouldn't leave you alone." His eyes flutter.
"Nononononono stay with me pinetree" I pull the spear out, and he winces. I put my hand over the wound.
"What- are you doing" he asks. I don't reply. I'm to busy concentrating. His eyes close.
"Nononononono I need you to open your eyes kid." He doesn't reply. The wound in his stomach closes. I put my hand on his chest. thump... thump... A sigh of relief escapes me. Dipper is shivering, so I take my coat off and wrap it around him, then pick him up, and head back to the tents.