Clarke

"You're being hunted Clarke."  I bite into an apple, Niylah's words not leaving my mind. I watch my feet dangle from the branch I'm sitting on. "There's a bounty on your head."

I pass an apple back and forth between my hands. I lean my shoulder against the tree taking a bite out of the apple. "What do you mean I'm being hunted? By who?"  

"It is said that the person that kills the commander of death will take their power. You can imagine how many people want that sort of power."  

I jump at the sound of leaves and twigs under someone's feet. I crane my neck to look around the trunk of the tree pulling out a knife. The footsteps get closer and louder. I grip the knife tighter just making out a figure emerging from the trees. I loosen the grip on the knife as he comes into view. I place the blade back into my holder.       

Bellamy. He spots me up in the tree. I pick up my apple from my lap and take another bite out of it returning his gaze.  He doesn't say anything and just stares up at me. He doesn't look as angry as he did before which makes me feel a bit better, but I don't want to chance it. I see him blow out some air before stepping over some twigs walking away. He gives me one last glance over his shoulder clearly debating whether to say something or not. He doesn't. I watch him leave taking one last bite out of my apple.  

***************

"You're still here?" I look down to see Bellamy staring up at me again

"You're still here?" I look down to see Bellamy staring up at me again. He was quieter this time I didn't even hear him come back. 

"It's a nice view from up here." I point to a space between a sea of trees "You get a perfect view of the sunrise and sunset right there." I look back down at him half expecting him to not still be standing here. I roll my eyes at the fact that he is still here looking up at me. 

"You're supposed to hate me remember." He scoffs "Oh trust me I still do." 

"Good." I turn my gaze back to the trees ahead of me. I look down at the apple core in my hand then toss it to the side. 

"What are you doing out here anyway? I mean you had to know that you were going to run into me at some point."

"I just had to get away. I was going to go to the dropship but then I thought that you might've been there." He motions up to me "Guess I was wrong." 

I give a small laugh "four words I never thought that I would hear from Bellamy Bake." 

He gives me an annoyed look "Don't push it." I smirk a little swinging my body to hold onto another branch. I look down at my feet as I maneuver my way down the tree. The sound of a twig snapping catches me off guard. I look down to Bellamy only to find him in the exact same spot as before. 

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" I open my mouth to answer when the air of an arrow whizzing past my head stops me. It makes contact with the bark inches from my face causing me to lose my footing. My hand scrapes against a broken off piece of bark. My stomach drops as I struggle to get a grip on another branch. I feel Bellamy's arms catch me as we both fall to the ground him taking most of the impact. He lets out a small groan as I roll off him.