Chapter 18: Rasen-Flash Dance

Yuzuki woefully defended herself against the enemy with some difficulty seeing how there where dozens of shinobi attacking her and Kakashi at once. She and Kakashi stood back to back fighting off the enemy.

Yuzuki's kunai clashed with their blades and she dodged using her sharingan to predict their moves. Kakashi leaped away cutting down any foe that stood in his way. He ducked under the swing of a kunai and with his white blade he cut open the chest of the man who ordered their kill.

"Don't let them... get away." was his last words before falling short.

Yuzuki was surrounded by a dozen shinobi and she was finding it hard to defend herself all on her lonesome. She mentally cursed Kakashi for ditched her.

She dropped to her knees, ducking under the swing of a blade and she rolled between their legs and leaped away from the circle they formed around her. She followed the direction in which Kakashi went.

She threw a kunai hitting her target and a man fell from the trees. She pulled another one out and deflecting a shuriken coming her way. She flipped off a tree and landed beside Kakashi. Above them, a dozen shinobi rained down with the intent to kill.

"Rasen-flash super-circle dance howl stage three!" Minato was before his two students in an instance and yellow lightening pierced the shinobi that threatened his students and they collapsed like flies. In a flash, their sensei had come to aid them against so many enemies.

But his ridiculous long jutsu names where no surprise to his two students. He was somewhat notorious for naming his jutsu long names. But they where grateful he came for them. Fighting this many enemies on their first mission was intense.

"Sensei?" Yuzuki was surprised. Around them was a circle of thunder kunai.

Minato stayed quiet and advanced to the missive laying on the forest floor. He was mad, Yuzuki could feel it.

"So, were you able to uphold the principles you believe in?" said Minato.

Kakashi averted his eyes. Yuzuki swallowed the saliva in her mouth and deactivating her sharingan. "Sensei, it's my fault. I went after the scroll first." she announced. Kakashi's eyes turned to her in surprise.

"Oh? and what makes you think dragging your teammates into battle was any better."

"I'm sorry, Sensei."

"I hope you both learnt a lesson."

Yuzuki casted Kakashi a side glance mentally telling him that he owed her, and he oddly understood. They were both at fault here.

But this concluded their first mission. The enemy was vanquished and the missive was safety returned to the last remaining Hot Spring shinobi.

"Thank you for saving my life." he said with a shaky voice and took the scroll. Minato noticed the way he could have cared less for that scroll. He was more concerned about being alive... of course, his suspicions where confirmed.

"The Yellow Flash of the Leaf. I hope we met again some day." he shook hands with the yellow haired ninja.

"All right then, let's go everyone."

Team seven parted ways with the Hot Spring ninja and they leaped back into the forest to head home.

"Sensei, missions are really difficult, aren't they?" asked Rin who was keeping alone side Minato with the other three ahead.

"You're right. Things don't always go the way you envision them."

"I'm just glad the secret missive was delivered safely."

"...Yes."

Ahead of Minato and Rin; Obito, Yuzuki and Kakashi where in their own conversation. "So we successfully completed the mission." said Obito proudly.

"Probably." was Kakashi's reply.

"Probably? What do you mean?"

"Back there, he said... 'thank you for saving my life'. If the mission was successful, he would be more concerned about the secret missive and not his life."

"What do you mean?"

"The missive he had was also fake." Kakashi explained. "We were probably decoys as well. Another team would have delivered the real missive. That's the real reason they requested Minato Sensei for a C-rank mission. With Minato Sensei as the escort, it would seem that we were really guarding the real thing."

"When did you figure that out?"

"I thought it was a possibility when we discovered the first fake missive."

"And you risked your life to go after a missive that could have been fake."

"That was the mission. That's my ninja way."

Yuzuki looked on at Kakashi with slight concerns. He kept his gaze focused ahead and never minded her looking. It made her wonder if he had went with her just to complete the mission and not to help her.

It made her heart feel heavy, as though someone had placed a bag of flour on her chest.

Kakashi finally grew tired of her stares and looked over his shoulder, "What?" he spat.

Yuzuki furrowed her eyebrows irritably. "Did you come with me just to complete the mission or what?"

He held his gaze for a moment before looking ahead. "Just to complete the mission." he replied bluntly.

Yuzuki grumbled and speed on ahead, she flew past Kakashi making sure to bump his shoulder on her way. She didn't quite understand why she was getting so worked up about this, she knew Kakashi and what he was like, she never used to care.