Chapter 8: Who's In Control?

I hate lying to people, even though it's ridiculously easy. It's wrong, it's manipulative, and lying can ruin relationships. Unfortunately I can't worry about things like that. It'll become distracting, Asjha will become distracting.

I'm the Queen of Monsters and Fairytale Creatures, I'm the Protector of The Kingdoms as well. Lying has become so natural for me, I even surprise myself sometimes.

I kill, I've killed, and I will continue to kill.

I'm not naïve, I'm not a child, and I'm most certainly not normal.

This is my life now, I can't change that. So, when I learned the demons intended to poison me to make me lose control of my powers, through madness...

Something inside of me ticked.

The voice I use to listened to, while I was still learning to face my fears during my training sessions, has come back. It came back for only a single purpose, to outwit the demons.

They want me to go insane, so I can lose control, right? They can't do that if I learn to control my powers, while I'm devoured by my insanity.

It's dangerous, it's risky, its insane!

...but that's what makes it perfect.

_______

After Asjha and I made up, I had asked Elliot if I could go to the bathroom. My stomach felt horrible, I felt like I was going to vomit. Which I did the moment I fell into the bathroom stall.

You look like hell.

I hear my magic and turn around confused. "Huh? I left you back at the classroom, how are you still able to talk to me?" I ask as I vomit fiercely.

No matter how far away you are, I will still be able to talk to you. Our magic is inside of you.

My magic says and I mouth an 'oh'. I finally vomit every last bit of breakfast I had, so I walked to the sink. I splashed cold water on my face and I grabbed paper towels to dry myself.

After I did that, I looked up and see my reflection. I notice my waist-length black hair, swept up into a messy bun that's unraveled, fall on my cast. I have dark circles around my eyes and my skin isn't its usual creamy, olive color, instead its pale.

I look into my big, dark brown eyes and try to concentrate. I close my eyes and open them again. They changed color. The weird mixture of different shades of purple, make my eyes seem wicked. Of course in a good way.

Would you stop gawking at yourself already? Have you forgotten about the issues at hand? Honestly, your more of a teenager than a queen.

I glare daggers meant for my magic. "Oh, screw you!" I say and walk towards the door.

Wait.

My hand hovers over the door handle as I listen. "What?" I ask and get a sick feeling, but I don't need to vomit.

This is your chance. When you open the door, secretly take one of Jinx's syringes filled with the blue potion and bark a spell.

"Huh? You want me to sabotage the potion?" I ask and my magic responds.

I'll tell you the spell, it'll transform it into an antibiotic, so it won't cause you harm.

"I don't know about this.." I say unconvinced.

If you receive that second dose, we can't test your insanity. Do you or do you not, want to outwit the demons?

I continue to stand there, debating this. Until my magic loses its patience.