Chapter 13: Intriguing Twins

After my little accident from before, Siva had taken too many safety precautions.

He's more overprotective than what he usually was. He's taken my ability to walk and I've been put on 24/7 security.

The only company I have is Bree and Hector. My suspicions of Bree, betraying me, have faded and Hector seems more protective of me too.

On the day of my accident, Bree and Hector arrived shortly after I was laid on the couch. They told me they had to clean up the mess back at my college because my babysitters were too worried about me.

Bree and I had a good laugh making fun of their worried expressions, they honestly thought I had lost my innocence to Kalis!

Although we both had a laugh out of it, Hector didn't seem amused. He looked quite sour and moody when I mentioned Kalis.

I told them about what had happened earlier that day and they both gasped with horror. They couldn't believe what had happened, but I shrugged it off as if it were no big deal.

Hector was having none it and insisted on taking care of me. I suspect he has a crush on me, so I agreed to his offer.

Only because I'm going to enjoy teasing him!

Anyhow, I've been ignoring text messages and phone calls from Asjha. I don't like making her worry, but I have no choice.

Siva confiscated my phone, I lost all his trust.

I'm going to have lots of fun winning that back!

Anyway, she's going to kill me when I go back to my classes tomorrow, especially when she sees me in a wheelchair. I wonder how I'm going to lie myself out of this one!

"Elizabeth, here drink this." I open my eyes from all my petty thinking. I notice it's Jinx standing above me. He doesn't look so happy. "Thanks." I simply say and he sits down next to me. 

I try to shift positions so I can sit up, but my legs won't move. Jinx notices this too. "I'm sorry, I've been a jerk lately." He says and I smirk as nod my head.

He chuckles and smiles weakly as I drink the medicine. "I've just been really stressed and worried about you. If I knew how you eliminated the potion out of your bloodstream, it could really help my mental state. If someone evil is messing with you, teaching you these powerful spells and if I can't find their identity, I can't protect you." He says apologetically and I rest my hand on his shoulder.

I give him an understanding look. "I know, I'm scared too, but I'm confident that you'll find a way to keep me safe. I have complete reassurance that my council will protect me." I say and Jinx smiles at the little nickname I gave my babysitters.

He stands up and stretches. "Still love the name. Anyway, I should hit the hay, you should too. We both have school tomorrow!" He says and I laugh at his response. I wave as he leaves and notice Bree floating above me.

"Sup!"

She says from above me and flops down on my bed with me. She starts doodling drawings on my legs. I try kicking her, but I can't, Bree noticed and laughed at my failed attempts. "Man, your useless without your legs." She says and I slap her shoulder. "I still have my hands." I say and she smirks at my clever response.

She's been acting more mischievous and sly lately. Mood swings, am I right? "So? You never did explain to me why the Protector, you, needs so much attention like this." Hearing her sudden question, I stiffen.

I put on my best poker face and give her a believable lie. "They owe me, I've saved their queen countless times before. She felt bad and sent her best servants to tend to my wounds." I lie and Bree nods her head and mouths an "oh".