Chapter Three

Chapter Three

- High School -

Sydney heard a honk from outside and she knew Niall was here to drive to school. She grabbed her backpack and ran down the stairs passing a very upset Clara. Clara was yelling about Sydney never being on time and how she wasn't wearing the clothes she bought her. Sydney ignored her constant pestering and jogged out of the house and slid into Niall's vehicle.

"Don't you look lovely!" Niall said with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"Ha. Ha. That's so funny, really. I'm dying inside." Sydney gave him a death glare.

"You look beautiful as always." Niall said truly.

"Well you look handsome as always." Sydney said smiling at Niall.

"Thank you!"

***

School went by fast, which made Sydney very happy because today was the day she was making Niall try out for The X Factor. Of course, Niall didn't know what was going on when Sydney took his keys and started up his vehicle.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Niall asked leaning in the driver side window.

"Don't ask questions, just get in!" Sydney said putting on her seat belt. Niall rolled his eyes and slid into the passenger seat.

"Won't your mom worry what's taking you so long to get home?!" Niall asked.

"Fuck what Clara thinks or has to say." Sydney spat out; it coming out more rude than she thought. Niall relaxed in the passenger seat and turned the radio on. Never Say Never by Justin Bieber blasted through the vehicle and Sydney and Niall sang along, loudly.

The song was coming to an end when Sydney pulled up to a building and Niall stopped singing.

"I'm glad you got warmed up!" Sydney said getting out of the vehicle with Niall following after.

"Syd, you've got to be joking!" Niall said stopping at the buildings entrance. Sydney looked back and grunted.

"What?! I said when you're sixteen I'll make you try out for the X Factor and nows the time. Come on!" Sydney opened the door but Niall kept still.

"Sydney, I'm not that good. They won't like me." Niall said with gloomy eyes. Sydney let the door go and walked up to Niall, grabbing his hands.

"Don't be afraid of life Niall. I know you love singing and you have a talent for it. Show it to the rest of the world." Sydney said truly looking into Niall's eyes.

"Will you stay with me?"

"Every step of the way." Sydney laced her fingers in his and they walked hand-in-hand to the sign in table. Niall got his number and waited to be called. Niall got a surprise when his mom and brother came in the building and he was relieved to see them.

"I'm not sure I can do this!" Niall said to his mom.

"If Sydney believes in you this much then you have to believe in yourself and don't let her down!" Maura said patting her sons face. Niall heard his number being called and got butterflies in his stomach.

"You'll do great, Nialler! Go up there and show them what you've got!" Sydney said pushing Niall up the steps to the stage.

"Sydney?" Niall said; stopping Sydney from walking back to his family.

"Niall?" Sydney said with amusement.

"I love you." Niall said looking into Sydney's eyes from a distance. Sydney smiled a genuine smile and spoke.