Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine / Sydney

"Wow. Who knew that was going to happen?" I said as I took another swig out of the bottle of vodka. The burning sensation reminded me that this was real. I wasn't dreaming.

"I know." Harry said as he took the bottle from me and chugged some himself.

This bottle has been passed around more times than I can count.

This night is not what I thought it was going to be. Not anywhere close to what I had imagined.

Who knew by the end of this night Niall would probably be getting his face sucked off somewhere by a blonde bimbo and I'd be sitting on a bridge drinking my cares away with Harry.

- Two hours earlier -

"Sydney why do you keep shaking your leg?" I looked to my side and saw that Niall gave me a concerned look. "I-I have to go pee." I said, lying through my teeth. I felt like I was going to vomit all over this limo. I looked at Harry across from me and he looked just as nervous. I think that maybe I shouldn't have invited Harry to the show. Okay, no. That sounds bitchy. I just didn't know that Niall and him were connected. All of this had been making my head spin in a whirl all day. Don't get me wrong, I did miss Niall.

Every second of everyday of my life.

But you come to a realization that you shouldn't wait around for someone who could never come back. So, I moved on, but never forgot. I'd see a park and kids running around and would think of Niall. I would see a teenage boy and girl on a date and would think of us. How we always would have lunch dates and go out to the movies every Saturday night because that was our thing. We had a connection nobody could break. We were inseparable. But when he never came back, I couldn't keep hurting myself with the thoughts of him.

The flashbacks of conversations and inside jokes. The smiles, the tears, the laughter, and the heartaches. Now here I am, in the back of a limo with Niall and Harry. Harry was new to me. Everyday I'd learn something about him. And there was no denying that I was not only emotionally attracted to him but also physically. The way his curls just flipped to the side, the dimples that you could swim in, and the eyes that you could get lost in.

He knew how to make me laugh and smile when I was having a bad day. He would come pick me up at work and take me to lunch. He has so many qualities that girls look for, even me, but why am I being drawn back to Niall? I didn't expect him to just pop right back into my life. Especially not after all these years. I've grown and he has too. My hearts always been the same.

In pieces.

"We're here!" Niall shouted as I looked out the window. I looked at the building the art show was being held in. It was very big and there were elegant banners and bright lights everywhere. Niall and Harry got out of the limo and I looked out the door to see Harry holding his hand out for me. Here goes nothing.

I grabbed his hand and stood out of the limo. There were paparazzi around and I was a little confused until I remembered that Harry and Niall were in the worlds biggest boy band. I smiled, even though they weren't here to see me. We rushed into the building and my eyes sparkled at the sight in front of me. It was never this big.

Paintings were everywhere and there were so many people. Not just people but celebrities. I was pulled out of the crowd and into a corner. My boss, Marilyn Sanders, in front of me. She looked beautiful, as always.

"Did you do this?" She asked in a low voice. "Do what?!" I asked, copying her whisper. "All this!" She said waving her hand out to the crowd. I looked out to the crowd. "All the people?" I asked a little confused. "Celebrities, they're celebrities!" She said fanning herself. I laughed to myself. "I guess, I invited some friends and I guess word got round?" I said with an amused look on my face. She looked at me and cracked a smile.