Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty / Sydney

"So," Harry sat down with his ice cream, me following after with my bowl also. "What's the craic?" He questioned me. I raised my head in curiosity.

"You've been spending too much time with Niall." I laughed and dipped my spoon in for more ice cream.

"Not really. I've been trying to get him to do stuff. He's been- down lately. He just keeps saying 'Saturday, I'll know.'" Harry shook his head and took another bite from his spoon.

I blinked slowly before lifting my head to meet Harry's face. "He's not depressed or anything, right?" I was hoping I didn't send him into a dark mood. Niall was always bright and the life of the party. I'd hate to be the reason for his sadness.

"No," Harry shook his head and looked as if he was thinking. "He's just been distant lately." He put a spoonful of Rocky Road ice cream into his mouth before talking again. "Like when we're eating, we all will talk but when the conversation turns to Niall, he just- isn't there." He explained. I nodded and took in a spoonful of M&M's with some vanilla ice cream.

"Yeah, you are defiantly not making my ice cream order again. I feel as if I'm eating M&M's with a little ice cream on the side." I joked and Harry laughed.

"Well, it looks good," he stuck his tongue out at me. "And I'm sure it tastes good." He quickly scooped some ice cream from my bowl. I tried slapping his hand away but he was too fast.

"Little shit," I mumbled to myself. Harry smirked and kept eating his sprinkle covered ice cream.

"..Pick up, pick up, pick up the phone. Your favorite Irish lad is calling," I looked up at Harry who was laughing. "Niall?" I giggled. He nodded and looked down at his phone. "He always changes my ringtone to his voice, annoying little thing." Harry shook his head and set his phone back down, ignoring his call.

"So, how's work?" Harry asked me, looking peculiarly interested.

"I'm actually on a little vacation myself-" A loud buzzing began in my pocket. The ringtone soon followed the annoying buzzing. I pulled it out of my pants pocket and looked down at the phone. It was Niall.

"Niall's calling me." I sighed and looked at Harry. He shrugged and kept eating. I figured I'd answer to see what he wants.

"Hello?" I answered with a huff.

"Sydney," Niall stretched out my name.

"Niall?"

"Sydsterr," He dragged out again.

"Are you drunk?"

"No,"

"Niall," I put my spoon into the bowl of melted ice cream.

"Yes?" His voice lightened up.

"What're you doing?"

"Lettin loose, livin life, bein free as a birdy." He slurred.

Just my luck, he's drunk.

"Niall, where are you?" Harry was watching me as I carried on my questions.

"A pubbb,"

"What pub?"

I really didn't want to go get him. I would just call one of the guys to get him.

"The best one since there's so many pretty women here!" He yelled. Whoops and hollers were heard in the background.

"What's the pub called? I'm coming to get you." I was frustrated. I'm not sure if it was because he was drunk or because there were women probably on him.