~Chapter eight~

💜~❤️~💚
I think about you everyday.
Asshole.

-Unknown
💚~❤️~💜

The entire hour is spent discussing the semiotics of poetic language throughout Romeo & Juliet and as much as I'd like to say I engaged wholeheartedly in the lesson, I did not. Intense, hazel eyes every so often invade my vision and the situation is only made worse when Mrs. Donnel instructs everyone to turn around and discuss the themes in groups.

How utterly fantastic.

Thankfully, the discussion is led by Joshua and Sadie, the girl seated next to Aidan, and while I have no objections to their passionate debate, their constant bickering begins to get on my nerves.

"So, you're from New York?" asks Sadie, her blonde bob swishing with every sharp movement she makes.

"What gave it away?" I ask, desperately trying to ignore a certain stare coming from directly in front of me.

"The accent." she replies, offering me a cheesy smile and showing off a rather unflattering pair of silver braces, glued to her otherwise straight teeth. "You sound funny, cool though." she ensures, enthusiastically.

I smile back and awkwardly cough, averting my eyes downwards to my exercise book where I notice there appears to be more notes than I remember making. Further inspecting the writing, I blush when realisation hits.

<Sorry about Saturday, rain check? x>

Absolutely not!

I quickly flip the page closed and train my eyes to the back of Joshua's black hair, which could definitely do with having a wash or three and keep them firmly glued there, hoping to just about avoid Aidan for the rest of my life. Unfortunately, I'm greeted with nothing but failure as Mrs, Donnel interrupts, sounding less than impressed.

"Miss Stark, care to explain why your exercise book is closed when you should be taking notes?" she asks, raising an un-plucked eyebrow at me. "And while I'm in no doubt Mr Collins would jump for joy at the prospect of you not being able to take your eyes off of him, now is not the time to improve you social connections." she smugly states, causing my eyes to bulge in utmost embarrassment while the rest of the class break out into quiet laughter.

Joshua suddenly turns his attention to me and blushes a rather unflattering shade or red; me right there with him.

"U-umm, I was just-"

"I was testing her." explains Aidan, suddenly jumping to my rescue. "I told her she had to close her book and look away from mine so I was sure she wasn't cheating." he adds, casually explaining.

Im shocked by his 'knight in shining armour' act but relieved nevertheless when Mrs. Donnel retreats back to her desk, utterly defeated. I offer him a short glance but make no attempt to thank him, making it my personal mission not to.

Call me a bitch, but he's still a massive dick face as far as I'm concerned.

Even if he did just save my ass.

~~~~

When the bell finally rings, signalling the end of what can quite possibly be described as the most traumatising lesson of my life, I quickly pack away my things and practically sprint my way towards the door. From behind, I hear a familiar voice beckoning me but I make a conscious decision to ignore it, figuring I'll benefit more from concentrating on getting to my next class on time.