~Chapter eighteen~

~👫~💫~🍬
Some souls just
understand each
other upon meeting.
🍬~💫~👫
-Unknown

I spend the remainder of the morning with Aidan and the girls at the park before venturing on to his house in the afternoon where we proceed to watch a DVD. We argue over which film to put on but I eventually win, forcing him to endure a full two hours of Moulin Rouge, the most tragic love story to ever exist. Aidan pretends not to like it but by the end, his eyes are glued to the screen with a jaw tenser than ever, clearly hooked on the stories plot line.

"I can't believe they did that!" he states, furious in doing so. "They can't do that. They can't just leave it like that." he argues, pulling a small smile from my lips.

Due to Jane's 'no girls in Aidan's room' rule, we took to watching the movie in the living room, sprawled out on a sofa each, putting enough distance between us that neither one of us is tempted. He's still wearing his sweats and I have to say, the thin material leaves nothing to the imagination. His tight bum and narrow hips fit into them perfectly, causing all kinds of inappropriate images to filter through my mind at a rapid pace. I shouldn't be thinking like this, after all I'm the one who suggested being friends, but damn does he look hot.

"Why are you staring at my crotch?" he smirks, causing the deepest of blushes to creep up my face.

Oh my god.

"I wasn't staring at your crotch." I defend, though really I have no leg to stand on.

He cautiously evaluates me through narrowed eyes before offering me a full blown smirk, sinister enough to have me turning into a bundle of nerves.

"If you wanna see what's underneath you just have to ask." he mocks, forcing more pink to form on my cheeks.

He suddenly stands up as if to remove his trousers, fully intending on embarrassing me but being aware of his game, I don't stop his movements like he oh so expects me to. Instead, I remain rooted in place, watching his hands tremble slightly as they come to rest on the waistband of his sweats.

"What are you waiting for? Suddenly gone all shy on me, Aidan?" I joke when he fails to continue with his actions, quickly grabbing a cushion to throw at his head. "Stop being an arrogant dick and put another film on." I scoff, enjoying his startled reaction.

"You know, girls tend to enjoy my arrogance." he retorts, stalking over to where I'm currently laying on my stomach. "Does it not amuse you?" he casually asks, plonking himself down next to my feet.

He quickly and efficiently lifts them up to rest over his legs, gently massaging the soles while he goes. The action isn't sexual in the least but rather, nice. His thumbs dig into my skin at a heavenly force and I can't help but close my eyes as his fingers work over me like magic.

"It amuses me but I think it's all an act." I reveal, losing myself slightly as his handy work continues up my calves.

Why is he so good at this?

"What do you mean?" he questions, halting his hands on my lower leg, forcing me to open my eyes to find his own are staring back at me. "Your skin is really smooth, by the way and it smells like cherries." he randomly adds, lightly tracing the now relaxed muscles with his index finger.