Crossroad (16)

NOTE: From this chapter forward one of the co-authors of Dark Paradise won't participate on the chapters anymore. Leaving only @.afffgabi (twitter) and @.orgasmcabeyo (twitter). Nothing will change. And I can tell y'all that it gets even better ;)
For a better reading listen to the song "Centuries by Fall Out Boy" when I tell you to on the chapter ;)

-----

POV Lauren Jauregui

*Flashback On*

Monday, 03:00AM

-No, Camila, of course we can continue. – that request had taken me by surprise, I wasn't prepared, I mean, no one ever blew me off, I needed to stay calm.

-Lauren, we can't, I can't throw away my whole relationship because of sex.

But it's not just some simple sex, it's the "sex". Camila and I had an incredible connection, I can't explain it, but something inside me was screaming for that not to happen.

-You can't decide this now. – Camila wasn't looking at me, she kept her eyes down and shaking her head – You are upset because he left you in the club.

I shortened the space between Camila and I, my hands went to her face, pulling it closer to me, gluing our foreheads. Camila closed her eyes, it was possible to feel her breath hitting my face.

-Camz, you don't need to decide this now, okay?

-Laur, it's for the best.

No, it wasn't. I sealed my lips to Camila's, making a chill course through my stomach.

-We'll see each other all the time, but only as friends. – Camila said pulling her lips away from mine.

-Shhh. – I silenced her, bringing my index finger up to her full lips – We can be friends like this.

My voice came out as a whisper, I looked into Camila's brown eyes, flashing a weak smile. Camila also looked into my eyes, but opened and closed her mouth as if she was speechless, I knew that she also didn't want to end all this.

-I'm so sorry. – Camila finally said shaking her head.

I don't know, but I really wasn't happy with that decision. I glanced at her one last time, then accommodated myself putting the seatbelt, the Latina did the same.

The drive to her house was tediously long, the silence bothered me, but I couldn't say anything, my head was buzzing in thoughts.

-Thank you for driving me home. – she said with a weak smile.

-You don't need to thank me. – I also flashed a weak smile – Can I give you one last kiss? – I asked blatantly, even feeling that that wouldn't be our last kiss.

Camila stayed a while looking at me, but she inched closer sealing our lips. My eyes automatically closed and my hands went straight to her waist, pulling her to my lap. Camila didn't protest, only held my neck firmly with her soft hands and with her tongue asked for passage. Readily I gave in, letting her invade me. In no moment I tried to dominate the kiss, I just wanted her to kiss me, I wanted to feel her tongue engaging in mine and exploring every corner of my mouth. Just like my heart, Camila's was also unusually accelerated, perhaps it's because it is our "last" kiss, even if something hammered in my head saying it wouldn't be, my body reacted as if it was. We ended the kiss, which almost made me groan for already missing her lips on mine. Camila opened her eyes and smiled. I flashed her a smile to then kiss the tip of her nose, making her crinkle it. Perhaps this has been our best kiss.

-Camz. – I whispered – It doesn't need to be definitive.

My eyes were connected to Camila's, her eyes were in a light brown. She inched her face closer to mine again, kissing the tip of my nose just like I did.