Disappointments (18)

POV Lauren Jauregui

I entered the large Jauregui's building and went towards the elevator, there was the same guy as usual and as always he looked at me with a scared countenance. Within minutes the doors opened and in long steps the extremely attractive brunette appeared in front of me.

-Good Afternoon, Miss Jauregui. – the brunette flashed a beautiful smile showing all of her white and perfect teeth – Everyone is in the conference room waiting for you. – I only allowed myself to nod my head and follow the beautiful woman to the room.

I entered the room and everyone stood up, some of the gentlemen that I know since my childhood stood up and smiled, and with the education my mother gave me, I reciprocated every smile. I sat on the empty chair next to Taylor who was on her phone. The younger one didn't even look at me, leaving me completely frustrated.

-Well, we can start this unnecessary meeting. – Mike's voice filled the room, making Taylor put her phone away and look at him in a serious way.

-Not unnecessary, Mike, unnecessary was the first meeting you did without my presence.

-Why? So you can be the only one to disagree with everybody's choice, which is quite clear? Rob is the qualified man for the job.

I looked at Rob who was sitting in front of me, a convincing smile was present on his face, my blood boiled like never before. My urge was to stick that pencil that he hit so much on the table, right on his pulse point, making his blood splash on me and whoever was around. I closed my eyes taking a deep breath, thinking about that made my heart speed up, it would be very easy to reach an orgasm with just that scene. I opened my eyes again looking at Mike, who kept a serious pose.

-Let's see if he is as qualified as you say. – I answered dryly, turning to look at the screen, just like everyone else.

-----

Rob had already presented his project for the company, but being good or not, I didn't want a sexist running MY company. It may be something personal, but nothing less fair. Ronald now presented his project that was very good, this man did know what was best for Jauregui's. He works here since the time my mother was alive, she always said that he's trustworthy, one more reason for me to trust him. My empathy for him was incredible. He was always very polite and very attentive with me whenever I came here.

-Now that the projects have been presented for the second time. – Mike said and I rolled my eyes – The voting will be very simple.

The man cleared his throat and I looked at Taylor, but she looked away from me.

-Raise your hand if you want Ronald Green as president of Jauregui's.

I and a few other shareholders raised our hands and Mike's secretary began to write down the names. So childish this type of voting, but it was the only way. I looked around and a lot of people raised their hands, but Taylor. NO, TAYLOR DIDN'T RAISE HER HAND. I glared at her and she didn't look at me, I wanted to jump on her neck.

-I suppose that those who didn't raise their hands, want Robert Simpson as president of Jauregui's.

Everyone nodded. I blinked several times without understanding Taylor.

-Alright, by the counting of votes here. – Mike looked at me shaking his head – Everything remains as it was, Robert is the president of Jauregui's.

Mike paused and the applauses echoed through the environment.

-Could you leave me alone with my daughter? – Mike pointed at me.

I looked around and Taylor was leaving next to Rob. TRAITRESS. I got up hurriedly, I was going to end her. But a hand grabbed me, making me take two steps back.