11

I woke up to 11 missed calls by Niall and various texts from Vanessa, Louis, Emma, Lucy and Zayn. Spencer is asleep and I don't want to wake her up. I put on a pair of dark blue jeans and a white blouse before doing my makeup. I cover up my under eye circles and put on some eyeliner on my lid before leaving the room. I sit down outside the cafe and order a Vanilla Latte and a bagel. I see professor McLeen walk up to me. "Good morning Ms Jenner, missed you yesterday." "I won't be attending your class today either" I lie just to make him angry. "Well, I don't think you take university serious enough, Ms Jenner" he snaps and I roll my eyes. "I don't think that is any of your business, Mr McLeen" I answer. Now that I'm not in school anymore I don't have to take the teachers' insults. I am an adult now. My professor leaves and I finish my breakfast before walking back to my room. After lying to my professor about not going to class today I decide to really not do it. I pack my bags and wake up Spencer. "Where are you going?" she asks when she sees my packed bags next to the door. "I need to go home and fix things" I answer and a sad smile appears on her face. "Good luck" she says. "Thanks, I'll need it" I say before heading for the parking lot. This sudden wave of confidence and strength makes me feel euphoric. I want Harry to open the door and give me that cheeky smile, I want Harry to kiss me, I want Harry to lift me up and laugh, I want Harry to be mine again. I need him. I am so lost without him, the past few days made me realize just that.

I pull up to the familiar house and get out of the car. I fix my hair and clothes before walking up the stairs to the door. "Lindsay! What a surprise" Anne says as she opens the door. "I hope you don't mind me coming" I say and she shakes her head. "Of course not, I'm sure you want to talk to Harry." I nod. "He's upstairs." She doesn't seem to know about his letter. I walk up the stairs and my hands begin to shake. I press down the door handle. The moment I see him my heart skips a beat. He's standing in front of the mirror putting on a light blue button-down shirt. When he hears me stepping in he turns around and gasps. His eyes meet mine and I feel like fainting but I try to stay strong. Don't cry, I think to myself. "Hey" I say and step closer to him. He's going to hug me, isn't he? He doesn't move, doesn't lean in to hug me. I can practically hear my heart shatter. "What are you doing here?" he asks and his voice sounds colder than ever. "I had to see you" I answer honestly. "I'm sorry, but I have to go" he tells me and heads for the door. "Where to?" "Work." "Work? Where do you work?" I ask him but he's already walking down the stairs. I look around his room and remember the nights I spent here. I hear the front door open and run down the stairs to follow him. "Harry" I sob. "Talk to me, please." He turns around and looks at me. "What do you want me to say?" "Anything." He remains silent for a few seconds and I'm scared of what he might say. "I got a job at Topman" he says. "I work there now. Selling suits, it's cool." It's not what I expected him to say but I don't mind. For a moment it seemed like the old Harry was back. Happy, cheeky Harry. "I'm happy for you" I say. "Thanks." "I love you" I say before I can rethink it. He stays calm and doesn't say that he loves me too like he used to. That's when I lose it. I start crying and can't stop. "Don't cry, please" he says. Why doesn't he step closer to me? Why doesn't he kiss me? "I need you" I sob. "I'm sorry" he answers and opens the door of his car. "Why do you do that?" I ask and he seems confused. "Why do you keep pushing me away? Why do you do that to everyone who loves you?" He gets into the car and pulls out of the parking lot. I collapse on the steps in front of his house. A few minutes later I hear steps. Anne sits down next to me and puts her arm around me. She doesn't say anything and it's alright. What should she say anyway? We sit there for another few minutes when Niall's car pulls up in front of us. Anne must've called her and I know she meant to help but I don't want any of my friends to see me like this. I give Anne a smile or at least attempt to and stand up to hug Niall. He pulls me into a tight hug. "Where do you want to go?" I can't go home, my mother doesn't know I am here and I don't want her to either. "I don't know" I say. "Okay." We say goodbye to Anne and get into the car.