17

I wake up to the feeling of someone lifting me up. It's Harry. I squeak and start to giggle but then I remember that he doesn't feel too well. I let myself fall onto the bed. "How are you feeling?" I ask him. "Really good, actually. We should sleep on the floor more often." He is already fully dressed. "Where are you going?" I ask him. "I'm taking you out for breakfast" he states. "Oh, okay. I'll get ready so we can leave" I say and he sits down on the chair next to his desk. I take a quick shower and put on a pair of jeans and one of Harrys sweaters. I catch him smiling as he watches me choose something to wear out of his drawer. "I love you" he says almost too quiet to hear.  

Thirty minutes later we're on our way to the diner Zayn used to work in. I start remembering every little thing about my hometown. Coming back definitely was the best decision I've ever made. He holds the wheel with one hand and squeezes my thigh with the other hand. He still seems tired but he isn't as pale as he was when we got back home from the hospital. That seems days ago even though it was just yesterday. I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. It's Spencer. "Hey" I answer the phone. "Hey, how are you?" she asks. "I'm okay." I don't want to talk about the past few days with Harry sitting next to me so I tell her I will call her back and text her right after the call. 

'Harry is okay, we left the hospital :)' 

'So glad! love'

When we arrive at the diner we park the car and get out. It's cold outside and I regret not taking a coat with me even though I'm wearing Harrys sweater. He notices me freezing and wraps his arm around me. "Good morning" the lady at the counter greets us when we enter the diner. It's empty since it's very early. We sit down at the booth and take a look at the menu. "I've never been here for breakfast" I remark as I search through the breakfast options. "Me neither. Remember that one time we came here after school? You were so cute" Harry says. "Were?" I ask smirking. "Still are" he corrects himself. We finally decide to get french toast and bacon. "I should go home today, talk to my mom and everything. I also have to find a job" I tell him and he nods. I am starting to panic. I thought I would graduate from university and be a lawyer but now everything turned out to be so different. "Anyways, let's not talk about that kinda serious stuff now" I say but he interrupts me. "Actually, I wanted to tell you something. I'm starting therapy tomorrow and if everything goes well I might as well start working again next week." "Oh that's great! Just don't pressure yourself, yeah?" I say and mean it. "Take your time." He nods and reaches for my hand. I love the feeling of our fingers intertwining. Suddenly someone steps inside the diner. The cold air flashes me and I get chills. "No way" I hear Zayn's voice. I see him and his girlfriend walk up to us. What was her name again? Patricia.. Perrie! "Hey guys!" I greet them. Harry turns around and looks at Zayn. "Hey mate" Zayn says with a soft voice. "Hey, wanna sit with us?" Harry asks which surprises me. He seems to miss his friends. "If we don't bother you.." Zayn says. "No, no. It's alright" I say and give them a smile. Perrie sits down next to me and Zayn takes a seat next to Harry. They order their food pretty quick and the lady from the counter remembers Zayn. "Oh, you're the handsome little boy that used to work here, eh?" she asks and he nods smiling. Our food arrives and we start eating. I haven't eaten properly in days. "So how is it being back in Bradford?" Zayn asks me. "I love it, but I have to get a job soon or my mother's going go crazy" I say laughing. "I have no idea what I want to do." "You studied law, right?" Perrie suddenly asked. "Yeah, well I didn't graduate though." "I work as a writer for the Shape magazine and we need someone new in the law section. You know, the rights on the pictures and stuff." "That sounds good, but I'm not a lawyer, so I can't" I say. It's a bummer, that really sounds like an interesting job. "You don't have to, you should know about the basics, that's enough. We already have a lawyer for the magazine but she needs help. She could help you!" "That sounds so cool! Can I come around this week?" I ask. "Yeah, why don't you come tomorrow, I can talk to my chef and ask if you can work there and then you can introduce yourself to him tomorrow, I'm sure it will all work out!" Perrie babbles. God, this girl is quirky. "Wow, thanks!" I say. She is so nice. I look at Harry who is smiling like an idiot. I wish he would smile like that all the time. 

After spending two hours at the diner with Zayn and Perrie and exchanging number with Perrie Harry drops me off at home. "Let's hang out with the others tonight, yeah?" he says on the way home. "Yeah, sounds nice. Do you miss them?" I ask him. He nods. "So much, I know it's pathetic but I miss them a lot" he mumbles. "It's not pathetic, of course you miss them. They're your friends" I tell him and kiss him on the cheek. "You're probably right" he admits. "I always am" I say and laugh. "Like hell you are" he teases and smiles. "I love seeing you happy" I tell him. "I love seeing you making me happy" he answers. 

I kiss him before getting out of the car. "See you tonight" he says and drives off. When I step inside the house I look for my mother. I find her in the kitchen. She looks upset. "Oh honey, hello!" she greets me. I can tell she is faking her smile. "How are you?" she asks worried. "Good. I'm feeling really good" I say and mean it. "That's nice. I was thinking about getting some new clothes, would you like to help me shopping?" she asks me. "Yeah, sure. But first tell me what's wrong." "Nothing's wrong" she stutters. "Just a little fight with Jeremy." "Where is he now?" I ask. "He went to take his mind off things." "Okay." I decide to not ask any more questions. "Let's go shopping then" I say. A bright smile appears on her face. 

On our way to the mall I tell my mother about Perries offer. "That sounds good, you should definitely go there and talk to the chef!" I nod. I feel like everything is getting better. Finally. "I talked to dad" I say. "I know, I told him to call you." "I want to meet him." "You should." She doesn't seem angry about it. She always told me that if I wanted to see my father, I could. But I didn't want to. I didn't feel like it. He left so early in my life and I never really missed him but I feel like the time has come. When we arrive at the mall my mother takes me to her favorite store. It is one of those store that women in their mid-forties go to. Many beige clothes. Pretty boring if you ask me but if she likes it, she can shop till she drops. I chuckle at my own thoughts before sitting down and waiting for my mother while she tries on various pairs of jeans that all look the same. Half an hour later we leave the store, my mother seems satisfied with her haul so we grab a coffee and chat a bit. It's nice to spend some time with my mother again. I feel bad for her because I feel like I've been neglecting her but I had so much going on the past few weeks. When we leave the mall three hours later I feel relaxed. 

When we get home I get a call from Harry. "I decided to invite everyone over to my house today, whatcha think?" he asks. "Sounds good, when do you want me to be there?" I ask. "The boys are coming in an hour, why don't you ladies join us a few hours later?" he asks with a mocking tone. He is obviously feeling better and I am glad he is. "Alright, see you tonight" I say and hang up the phone before taking a shower and slipping into a pair of sweatpants and a loose shirt. I am exhausted as hell. I lay down in front of the TV and paint my nails. I also text Emma, Lucy and Vanessa telling and invite them over to my place so we can drive to Harry's place together. I even invite Perrie because she is a cool girl and seems to be fun to hang out with.